At Broadway on Broadway, 2006
|Born||c. December 10, 1980
Kate Reinders (born c. December 10, 1980) is an American musical theatre actress, who has performed as lead and understudy in several Broadway shows. Reinders was born in Seattle, Washington, but raised in Spring Lake, Michigan. She attended Western Michigan Christian High School, graduating in 1998.
Reinders' Broadway debut was in The Adventures of Tom Sawyer as a swing and understudy for characters Amy Lawrence and Becky Thatcher. She next joined the 2002 Broadway revival of Into The Woods as an understudy for Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Milky White, and Rapunzel. Her first starring role was in the 2003 revival of Gypsy as June; she went on to play Caroline in the 2005 jukebox musical Good Vibrations.
Reinders played the role of Glinda in the 2005 Chicago production of Wicked, alongside Ana Gasteyer as Elphaba; for this role, she received a Joseph Jefferson Award nomination for Best Actress in a Principal Role. She and Gasteyer finished their runs in the Chicago company on January 22, 2006. On May 30, 2006 she replaced Megan Hilty as Glinda in the Broadway production. While playing this role she performed "Popular" in a Daily Double about Wicked on an all-celebrity episode of Jeopardy!. TV personality Nancy Grace gave the correct question. She ended her run on January 7, 2007 along with former Chicago co-star, Ana Gasteyer.
Reinders was part of the cast in the show Party Come Here, which ran as part of the Williamstown Theatre Festival from July 25 through August 5, 2007. She appeared in the play The Fabulous Life of a Size Zero at the Off-Broadway DR2 Theater in 2007.
Reinders was also a member of the band Tastiskank, along with Sarah Litzsinger. Reinders and Litzsinger co-starred opposite Constantine Maroulis in an independent TV pilot called Teachers. She also had a recurring role as a character named Ginger on the third season of the television series Ugly Betty. Reinders starred as a regular character, "Paula Morgan" on the Lifetime series Sherri starring former The View co-host Sherri Shepherd. The show premiered on October 5, 2009.
Reinders appears in the Mohegan Sun commercial, "Everyone's Invited" singing to the tune of the Rick James song Superfreak alongside former Wicked co-star, Saycon Sengbloh. She appears in the concert revue For The Record: Baz Luhrmann in Los Angeles, presented by ROCKLA for Show at Barre. It opened February 12, 2011, and closed June 30, 2011, with Jenna Leigh Green, Arielle Jacobs and Tracie Thoms. Reinders voices the character Jezebel in the video game Saints Row: Gat out of Hell.
|2001||The Adventures of Tom Sawyer||Swing/Amy Lawrence (u/s)/Becky Thatcher (u/s)||Broadway, Apr. 26 - May. 13, 2001|
|2002||Into the Woods||Snow White||Los Angeles|
|Cinderella (u/s), Milky White u/s, Rapunzel u/s, & Little Red Ridinghood u/s||Broadway, Apr. 30 - Nov. 2002|
|A Year with Frog and Toad||Various||off-Broadway, Nov. 2002 - Jan. 2003|
|2003||Gypsy||June||Broadway, May 1, 2003 - May 30, 2004|
|2004||Nerds||New York Stage and Film, Jul. 15 - 18, 2004|
|2005||Good Vibrations||Caroline||Broadway, Feb. 2 - Apr. 24, 2005|
|Wicked||Glinda||Chicago production, 2005 - 2006|
|2006||Broadway, May 30, 2006 - Jan. 7, 2007|
|2007||Party Come Here||Williamstown Theatre Festival, Jul. 25 - Aug. 5, 2007|
|The Fabulous Life of a Size Zero||off-Broadway|
|2008||The Yellow Brick Road Not Taken||Performer||Broadway, Oct. 27, 2008|
|2011||For the Record: Baz Luhrmann||Show at Barre, Feb. 12 - June 30, 2011|
|2015||Something Rotten!||Portia||Broadway, Apr. 22, 2015–present|
|1995||While You Were Sleeping||Beth|
|2004||Kinsey||Female Student #1|
|2009||Freegan Love||Her Friend||short|
|2013||Grudge Match||Groupie in Bar|
|2014||Such Good People||Chloe|
|2005||Blind Justice||Kim Chenowith||1 episode|
|2008||Teachers||Katherine Holland||TV movie|
|Ugly Betty||Ginger||2 episodes|
|2011||Modern Family||Princess||1 episode|
|2012-13||Work It||Kelly||13 episodes|
|2013||Anger Management||Hope||1 episode|
|2015||Saints Row: Gat out of Hell||Jezebel|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2005||Joseph Jefferson Award||Best Actress in a Musical||Wicked||Nominated|
|2007||HBO Comedy Arts Festival||Breakout Award||TASTiSKANK comedy duo (w/ Sarah Litzsinger)||Won|
- "Profile: 'Wicked' actress Kate Reinders makes magic on stage". The Grand Rapids Press. July 5, 2009.
- Simonson, Robert. "Kate Reinders To Join Broadway's 'Wicked' On May 30 As New Glinda". Playbill.com, May 30, 2006
- Gans, Andrew. "Wicked's Reinders to Be Part of Fabulous Life of a Size Zero Cast". Playbill.com, May 18, 2007
- Gans, Andrew. "Litzsinger and Reinders to Bring TastiSkank to the George Street Playhouse". Playbill.com, April 5, 2007
- Gans, Andrew. "Henry, Parker, Reichard and Reinders Join Line-Up for Yellow Brick Road Not Taken Concert". Playbill.com, October 24, 2008.
- "Mohegan Sun - Super Freak". Splendad.com.
- Probst, Andy. "Jenna Leigh Green, Arielle Jacobs, Kate Reinders, et al. Set For the Record: Baz Luhrmann". Theatermania.com. February 3, 2011.
- " 'Something Rotten!' Cast" broadway.com
- Wiener, Iris. "Meet the New Class of Broadway’s 'Something Rotten!'" Playbill, July 18, 2016
- Fierberg, Ruthie. "Broadway's Andrew Samonsky and Kate Reinders Are Engaged!" Playbill, March 28, 2016
- Spaner, Whitney. "Inside Kate Reinders and Andrew Samonsky’s Disney World Wedding" Playbill, July 3, 2016