This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Karta GPS is a mobile application developed by Karta Software Technologies Lda a daughter company of NDrive for the Android and iOS operating systems. It is distributed for free and pairs open-source map data from OpenStreetMap alongside curated content from Yelp and Foursquare.
|Developer(s)||Karta Software Technologies Lda|
|Operating system||Android, iOS|
|Available in||40 languages|
|Type||GPS navigation software|
|License||Commercial proprietary software|
The application does not require connection to Internet data (e.g. 3G, 4G, WiFi, etc.) and uses a GPS satellite connection to determine its location. Routes are calculated and plotted based on real-time traffic information provided by Inrix.
- Offline maps and guidance: all maps can be downloaded for free. No internet is required for searching, route calculation or turn-by-turn instructions.
- Search: one box search supports partial names, initials and can search points of interest, street names, crossing streets, GPS coordinates and address points.
- Traffic: the application shows the route layered with different colours based on the current traffic along the route. Live traffic service finds faster routes and aims to avoid traffic jams.
- Suggestions: point of interest content drawn from Yelp and Foursquare to Karta GPS maps (such as the ten best nearby restaurants), allows users to "explore" a location's top rated places of entertainment, their descriptions, their last three reviews, photos, and their opening hours and prices.
- Car & Walking: provides navigation for both car and pedestrians.
- Clark, Bryan (2017-03-28). "Karta GPS isn't Google Maps, but it's damn good at finding tacos". The Next Web. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "Donald Trump Or Bill Clinton, GPS Navigation App Gives Presidential Voices As Choice For Directions". International Business Times. 2017-05-19. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- Paviera, Angela. "California fears that the St. Francis Dam could collapse in Winter 2018". Mashable. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- "Let Donald Trump guide you straight to the bar with this Trump-sounding GPS navigation app". FastCo News. Retrieved 2017-06-27.
- Amatulli, Jenna (2017-05-19). "You Can Get Trump's Voice On Your GPS Now Because We're All Masochists". Huffington Post. Retrieved 2017-06-27.