New York City, U.S.
|Education||Lake Oswego High School|
(m. 2019; div. 2021)
Glusman was born in The Bronx, New York City. His family moved to the Portland, Oregon area when he was six months old. His father is German-Jewish, whereas his mother an Irish Catholic. He attended Lake Oswego High School, and then enrolled at Portland State University, but dropped out after a year. He took acting courses while in college, as well as at the Portland Actors Conservatory. Aspiring to be an actor, he later attended the William Esper Studio in New York City.
After shooting a television commercial for Adidas, Glusman relocated to France. There Argentine-French film director Gaspar Noé cast Glusman in Love, a film depicting extensive unsimulated sex. It debuted at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival. The premier set a record for the festival, selling all 2,200 seats in the Palais des Festivals et des Congrès. In Cannes, Glusman met film director and fashion designer Tom Ford, who cast him in Nocturnal Animals (2016). Also in 2016, Glusman appeared in Nicolas Winding Refn's thriller The Neon Demon. In 2020 he appeared alongside Tom Hanks in Aaron Schneider's Greyhound.
In 2016, Glusman began a relationship with actress Zoë Kravitz. Kravitz revealed in an interview published in October 2018 that she had become engaged in February of that year. They were married June 29, 2019 at the Paris, France, home of Kravitz's father, musician Lenny Kravitz. Kravitz filed for divorce on December 23, 2020, after 18 months of marriage.
|2008||The Iconographer||Young thug|
|2012||Starship Troopers: Invasion||Gunfodder||Voice role|
|2012||Blow Up||Nick||Short film|
|2013||Summer House||Andrew||Short film|
|2016||The Neon Demon||Dean|
|2017||Gypsy||Sam Duffy||Television series|
|TBA||Please Baby Please||Post-production|
- Baker, Jeff (November 3, 2015). "Karl Glusman goes from Lake Oswego to stardom in a sexually explicit French 3-D movie". The Oregonian. Archived from the original on November 5, 2015. Retrieved November 17, 2016.
I was born in the Bronx but my parents hated living in the Bronx so they moved to Oregon when I was 6 months old. I first lived in Beaverton -- I went to West Hills Daycare and then I went to Montclair Elementary School and then Whitford. After my parents split up my mother moved to Lake Oswego and I went to Lake Oswego High School.
- "Mariette Hartley & Karl Glusman to Star in Odyssey Theatre Ensemble's GRACE NOTES & ANVILS, 7/19-22". Broadway World. July 12, 2012. Retrieved November 20, 2016.
- Miller, Gerri (October 30, 2018). "Hollywood Now: Amy Schumer and Zoe Kravitz Share Fun News". InterfaithFamily. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Miller, Gerri (November 13, 2018). "Hollywood Now: Kravitz Tells Us About Her Bewitching New Role". InterfaithFamily. Retrieved January 19, 2019.
- Setoodeh, Ramin (October 31, 2015). "'Love': How Karl Glusman Was Cast in Gaspar Noe's 3D Erotica". Variety. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- Satenstein, Liana (January 4, 2018). "Zoë Kravitz and Karl Glusman Just Nailed the Alternative Elevator Selfie". Vogue. Retrieved November 13, 2018.
- EElls, Josh (October 29, 2018). "Zoë Kravitz: American Woman". Rolling Stone. Retrieved June 30, 2019.
At which point I notice, for the first time, the huge diamond on her left ring finger. 'Oh yeah, I'm engaged,' she says, so casually I assume she's joking. 'No, I’m engaged!' she repeats. 'I haven't told anyone yet — I mean, I haven't told the world.' ... They’d been together for about a year and a half when, last February, Glusman popped the question.
- Mikelbank, Peter; Fernandez, Alexia (June 29, 2019). "Zoë Kravitz Gets Married to Karl Glusman at Her Dad Lenny Kravitz's Paris Home". People. Retrieved June 29, 2019.
- Pasquini, Maria; Chiu, Melody (January 2, 2021). "Zoë Kravitz Files for Divorce from Husband Karl Glusman After 18 Months of Marriage". People. Retrieved January 4, 2021.