This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Sports equipment, Textile|
|Marco Boglione (President)|
Gianni Crespi (CEO)
|Products||Clothing, Footwear, Sportswear|
Kappa was founded as a sock firm in Turin, Italy, in 1916 but didn't become ‘Kappa’ until 1967.
- 1 Sports sponsorship
- 2 Logo
- 2.1 Formula 1
- 2.2 Football
- 2.3 Basketball
- 2.4 Baseball
- 2.5 Boxing
- 2.6 Fencing
- 2.7 Golf
- 2.8 Ice hockey
- 2.9 Field hockey
- 2.10 Rowing
- 2.11 Rugby League
- 2.12 Rugby Union
- 2.13 Volleyball
- 2.14 Skiing
- 3 Music sponsorship
- 4 See also
- 5 References
- 6 External links
The following skate teams wear uniforms manufactured and provided by Kappa: brian tang, Bay Area skate teams and other pro skaters
Kappa's “Omini” logo pictures the silhouette of a man and woman leaning against each another. It represents the equality of men and women and their mutual support. The idea grew into what is now the logo for the Kappa and Robe di Kappa brands and a recognized symbol of quality and style.
On 20 February 2018, it was announced mappa
began a partnership with the Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team, supplying the team and drivers with gear, and featuring the logo on the cars' headrests.
Associations and leaguesEdit
Kappa is the official football supplier for the following leagues, referees and associations:
- Flamurtari Vlorë
- Teuta Durrës
- Cercle Brugge K.S.V.
- Aston Villa
- Leeds United
- Salford City
- AS Monaco
- Makedonija Gjorče Petrov
- Real Betis
- Cultural Leonesa
- Colwyn Bay
Kappa sponsored Scottish band Mogwai – the notes to their album Come On Die Young included a line stating "Mogwai wear Kappa clothing"; they also named a track on the album after the brand. Canadian rapper Dkay announced a sponsorship with Kappa in the music video for No Surprise, including the line "all kappa suit like a soccer team" in the song.
Excludes articles found in Category:Sportswear brands.
- "BasicNet.com". www.basicnet.com. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Kappa USA". Kappa USA. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Alfa Romeo Sauber F1 Team". www.sauberf1team.com. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Kappa firma il pallone della Serie B ConTe.it 2017/18" [Kappa signs as the ball of the 2017–18 Serie B ConTe.it] (in Italian). Milan: Lega B. Retrieved 15 August 2017.
- "Kappa style comes to Queensland". Football Queensland. 2017-04-20. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Kappa, la indumentaria de Argentina por cuatro años" at Confederación Argentina de Basquet website, 15 May 2013 **+++Archived 23 September 2015 at the Wayback Machine
- BBL Media (2016-01-13). "KAPPA POISED TO DOMINATE BASKETBALL APPAREL IN UK FROM 2016–17". bbl.org.uk. British Basketball League. Retrieved 2017-07-23.
Leading international sportswear brand Kappa will become the official and exclusive apparel sponsor to the British professional basketball leagues and Great Britain national teams.
- 2015 FIBA Asia Championship – Singapore, FIBA.com, Retrieved 4 November 2015.
- "Durandt slams SA promoters". Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- "Mogwai – Come On Die Young". Discogs. Retrieved 18 August 2018.
- RudeboyDkay, Dkay – No Surprise (Official Music Video), retrieved 2019-02-08
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Kappa (company).|