Kırkağaç is a town and district of Manisa Province in the Aegean region of Turkey. According to the 2000 census, population of the district is 48,303 of which 25,093 live in the town of Kırkağaç. The district covers an area of 549 km2 (212 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 188 m (617 ft).
|Coordinates: 39°06′N 27°40′E / 39.100°N 27.667°E|
|• District||549.40 km2 (212.12 sq mi)|
|Elevation||188 m (617 ft)|
|• District density||82/km2 (210/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
Kırkağaç is an agricultural district and known for its variety of melon known as Kırkağaç melon (Turkish: Kırkağaç kavunu).
Olive, walnut, tobacco and almond cultivation is among the important agricultural activities of Kırkağaç.
There has been a road reconstruction in late 2021. A gas supply came to the city at the same time as to the city of Soma. A clock tower is situated in the center of the city.
From 1867 until 1922, Kırkağaç was part of the Aidin Vilayet of the Ottoman Empire. The Greek writer Elias Venezis, in his book Number 31328, states that Kırkağaç was burned from the Armenian quarter by the "enemy" who left; although this book is a memoir, in later versions, the word "enemy" was changed to "Greek".
- ^ "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- ^ "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- ^ Turkish Statistical Institute. "Census 2000, Key statistics for urban areas of Turkey" (in Turkish). Archived from the original (XLS) on 2007-09-27. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- ^ GeoHive. "Statistical information on Turkey's administrative units". Archived from the original on 2008-09-25. Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- ^ Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- ^ Gazete, Banka (21 November 2021). "Manisalı üreticilere fidan desteği devam ediyor". Gazete Banka. p. https://gazetebanka.com/. Retrieved 21 November 2021.
- ^ Venezis, Elias (1931). Το Νούμερο 31328: Σκλάβοι στα Εργατικά Τάγματα της Ανατολής: Ρομάντσο (in Greek). Mytilini, Greece. p. 103.
- ^ Venezis, Elias (2008). Το νούμερο 31328: Το βιβλίο της σκλαβιάς (in Greek). Hestia Publishers. p. 145. ISBN 9789600510119.
ΤΟ ΙΔΙΟ ΠΡΩΙ, άμα φύγαν οι μουσαφιραίοι, εμάς μας χώρισαν σε συντεχνίες. Μεγαλύτερη ανάγκη είχαν από χτίστες. Γιατί ο τόπος, εκεί κατά τ' Αρμένικα, ήταν καμένος απ' τον Έλληνα που είχε φύγει.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Kırkağaç, Turkey". Retrieved 2009-04-04.
- District governor's official website (in Turkish)
- Road map of Kırkağaç and environs
- Webshots - Image of Kırkağaç Melon Show
- Buy Kirkagac Melon in the UK