Köln-Mülheim is a railway station situated at Mülheim, Cologne in western Germany. It is served by several regional trains, the S6 and S11 lines of the Rhine-Ruhr S-Bahn and the 13 and 18 lines of Cologne Stadtbahn.
Mülheim, Cologne (Köln), NRW
|Fare zone||VRS: 2100|
|Opened||19 November 1874|
In the 19th century there were several stations in Mülheim, since all the private railway companies had separate lines and railway facilities.
The stations of the Cologne-Minden Railway Company (German: Cöln-Mindener Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft, CME) on the line between Cologne and Duisburg and the Bergisch-Märkische Railway Company (Bergisch-Märkische Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft, BME) on the Gruiten–Cologne-Deutz railway) were next to each other in Buchheim-Strasse (now Wiener Platz). The station of the Rhenish Railway Company (Rheinische Eisenbahn-Gesellschaft, RhE) on the Troisdorf–Mülheim-Speldorf railway was built outside the town at the site of the current Cologne-Mülheim station.
After the nationalisation of the railway companies there was long consideration of how to consolidate rail operations at one site. Eventually it was decided to tear down stations of the CME and BME and move the lines serving them to the east. Construction began in 1903 and on 1 July 1909 the new station was inaugurated and the all freight and passenger traffic were routed over the rerouted lines.
Today the station is a hub for regional and S-Bahn traffic in northeastern Cologne and an important point of interchange between regional and local transport.
- 1874: Opening of the Troisdorf–Mülheim-Speldorf railway of the Rhenish Railway Company
- 1909: Construction of the station at its present site in Mülheim
- 1944: Destruction of the station building in bombing raids
- 1951: Reconstruction of the station building in a simplified form
- 1975: Opening of S-Bahn operations (Bergisch Gladbach–Cologne–Köln-Chorweiler)
- 1990: Opening of the S-Bahn main line
- 1997: Opening of the underground Stadtbahn station
- since 2004: Reconstruction of the track network as part of the line upgrade to Köln Messe/Deutz station (low level)
- Regional services NRW-Express Aachen - Cologne - Düsseldorf - Duisburg - Essen - Dortmund - Hamm - Paderborn
- Regional services Rhein-Express Emmerich - Wesel - Oberhausen - Duisburg - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Bonn - Koblenz
- Local services Rhein-Wupper-Bahn Bonn-Mehlem - Bonn - Cologne - Solingen - Wuppertal
- Rhein-Ruhr S-Bahn services Essen - Kettwig - Düsseldorf - Cologne - Köln-Nippes
- Rhein-Ruhr S-Bahn services Düsseldorf Airport Terminal - Düsseldorf - Neuss - Cologne - Bergisch Gladbach
- "Stationspreisliste 2021" [Station price list 2021] (PDF) (in German). DB Station&Service. 16 November 2020. Retrieved 3 December 2020.
- "VRS-Gemeinschaftstarif" (PDF) (in German). Verkehrsverbund Rhein-Sieg. 20 April 2020. p. 202. Retrieved 9 May 2020.
- "map of Rhine-Ruhr network" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-08-21. Retrieved 2010-04-07.
- Timetables for Köln-Mülheim station
- "Köln-Mülheim station". NRW Rail Archive (in German). André Joost. Retrieved 17 September 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Köln-Mülheim station.|