Justin George Muzinich (born November 5, 1977) is an American businessman and government official currently serving as the United States Deputy Secretary of the Treasury, in office since December 2018. Muzinich previously served as the Counselor to the Secretary at the United States Department of the Treasury.
|14th United States Deputy Secretary of the Treasury|
|Assumed office |
December 12, 2018
|Preceded by||Sarah Bloom Raskin|
Justin George Muzinich
November 5, 1977
New York City
|Spouse(s)||Eloise Davis Austin|
|Education||Harvard University (BA, MBA)|
Yale University (JD)
Early life and educationEdit
Muzinich was born to parents Camille Muzinich, a docent for the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and George M. Muzinich, who served as president of Muzinich & Company, a New York investment firm. After attending Groton School, Muzinich entered Harvard College where he graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree magna cum laude in 2000. He earned a Master of Business Administration degree from Harvard Business School in 2005 as a Baker Scholar, and a Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School in 2007, where he was an Olin Fellow.
Prior to joining the Treasury department, Muzinich was previously employed at EMS Capital and at Morgan Stanley in the mergers and acquisitions group. He also served as president of Muzinich & Company, an international investment firm founded by his father. He has also taught at Columbia Business School from 2014 to 2016.
On March 13, 2018, President Donald Trump announced his intention to nominate Muzinich as the new United States Deputy Secretary of the Treasury, succeeding Sigal Mandelker. His nomination was confirmed by the United States Senate on a 55-44 vote.
- "Justin Muzinich". U.S. Department of the Treasury. December 12, 2018. Retrieved December 18, 2018.
- "Eloise Austin, Justin Muzinich". The New York Times. October 1, 2008.
- Allen, Mike (March 12, 2017). "Mnuchin hire thrills Republicans". Axios.
- "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Nominate and Appoint Personnel to Key Administration Posts". The White House. April 2, 2018.
- Rappeport, Alan (October 28, 2017). "The Little-Known Pragmatist Who Is Shaping the Trump Tax Cuts". The New York Times.
- Johnson, Eliana (March 12, 2015). "Jeb Bush Set to Tap Policy Director". National Review.
- Harrison, David (April 2, 2018). "Trump to Nominate Justin Muzinich to Deputy Treasury Secretary Post". The Wall Street Journal.
- Zargham, Mohammad (April 3, 2018). "Trump to nominate Muzinich as Treasury deputy secretary: White House". Reuters.
- Jagoda, Naomi (April 2, 2018). "Trump names nominee to be deputy Treasury secretary". The Hill.
- "PN1803 - Nomination of Justin George Muzinich for Department of the Treasury, 115th Congress (2017-2018)". www.congress.gov. December 11, 2018. Retrieved December 16, 2018.
- Bloomberg Executive Profile: Justin George Muzinich J.D.
- Trustees at NewYork-Presbyterian – NYP.org
Sarah Bloom Raskin
| United States Deputy Secretary of the Treasury