Josh White (journalist)
Josh White is an American journalist. White writes for the Washington Post, but has been published in various publications, including the Los Angeles Times and The Guardian. He is also invited to serve as a commentator on Radio and Television. White has focussed on stories related to the United States prosecution of the War in Afghanistan and the War in Iraq.
White works for The Washington Post's Metro section as an investigative reporter. He began working for the Post in 1998. For six years, he worked on the Virginia staff where he covered police and courts in Prince William County. During his time on the Virginia staff, he also witnessed two electric chair executions. In April 2004, he moved to the Post's National desk to work as a military correspondent. Here he covered the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, military criminal justice, and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba. In October 2008, White returned to the Metro section to work as a regional investigative reporter on law enforcement. He also served as a Metro weekend editor.
Honors and awardsEdit
- Josh White (2004-05-21). "Yet more photos of US brutality published". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Marines Face Charges for Deaths of Iraqi Civilians". PBS. 2006-12-21. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "U.S. Soldier Said to Rape Iraqi Teen, Kill Family". NPR. 2006-07-03. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Dog Handler Found Guilty of Abu Ghraib Abuse". NPR. 2006-03-21. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Greta Van Susteren, Mike Emanuel (2003-10-21). "Interview With Josh White, Doug Gansler". Fox News. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Greta Van Susteren (2003-11-07). "The Sniper Trial". Fox News. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Greta Van Susteren (2004-07-15). "Interview With "Washington Post" Pentagon Reporter Josh White/Interview With Filipino Journalist Rita Gerona-Adkins/Analysis of". Fox News. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- Greta Van Susteren (2003-10-23). "Interview With Josh White". Fox News. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
- "Josh White Reporter". Washington Post. 2012-04-13. Retrieved 26 October 2013.
- Josh White is a graduate of Newton North High School, class of 1994, where he served as editor-in-chief of the Newtonite, the school's paper. Ahmed Amr (2007-01-17). "Washing War Crimes at the Washington Post". Nile Media. Retrieved 2009-06-01.
|This article about an American journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|