José Luis Viejo Gómez (2 November 1949 – 16 November 2014) was a Spanish road cyclist who was professional from 1973 to 1982. He represented his native country at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich, West Germany, where he finished in 37th place in the men's individual road race. Viejo won the 11th stage of the 1976 Tour de France with a time difference of 22 minutes and 50 seconds to the second-placed cyclist; this is the largest lead in the Tour de France after the Second World War. He also won the Tour de Pologne 1972.
|Full name||José Luis Viejo Gómez|
|Born||2 November 1949|
Azuqueca de Henares, Spain
|Died||16 November 2014(aged 65)|
|1 stage 1976 Tour de France|
- Vuelta Ciclista a Navarra
- Memorial Valenciaga
- Tour de Pologne
- Tour de France:
- Winner stage 11
- Trofeo Masferrer
- Trofeo Elola
- Clasica de Sabiñanigo
- Costa del Azahar
- "José Viejo Olympic Results". sports-reference.com. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Le Tour en chiffres Les autres records" (PDF) (in French). LeTour.fr.
- "Tour de France stage win record holder José Viejo dies". cyclingweekly.co.uk. 17 November 2014.
- "Tour de Pologne". Cycling Archives. Retrieved 28 March 2015.