John Joseph Donahoe II (born April 30, 1960) is an American businessman who is the CEO of Nike. Early in his career he worked for Bain & Company, becoming the firm's president and CEO in 1999. He is on the board of directors at Nike , The Bridgespan Group  and is chairman of PayPal. Donahoe was named president and CEO of ServiceNow, a cloud company, in February 2017. On January 13, 2020, Donahoe became president and CEO of Nike.
John Joseph Donahoe II
April 30, 1960
Evanston, Illinois, US
|Alma mater||Dartmouth College|
Stanford Graduate School of Business
|Title||President and CEO, Nike|
|Board member of||Nike|
Early life and educationEdit
John Donahoe was born in Evanston, Illinois on April 30, 1960. His father was an accountant at Price Waterhouse in Chicago. In 1978, he graduated from New Trier High School in Winnetka, Illinois. He earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Dartmouth College, followed by an MBA from Stanford Business School. Donahoe is of Irish descent.
After his senior year of high school, a friend's father asked him to work at his Schlitz beer distribution company. "You'll make good money," he said. It was a union job and the first requirement was that he join the International Brotherhood of Teamsters.
Before joining eBay he worked for Bain & Company (a worldwide consulting firm based in Boston) for 20 years, starting as an associate consultant and rising to become the firm's president and CEO in 1999.
In March 2005 he was hired as president of eBay Marketplaces. His role was to focus on eBay's core business, which accounts for a large percentage of the company's revenues. He made more than forty acquisitions, including Shopping.com and StubHub, and the classifieds sites Gumtree and LoQUo, and most recently, Shutl. After his departure from eBay in 2015, Donahoe was replaced by eBay Marketplaces president, Devin Wenig.
Donahoe has contributed to both parties. He contributed to Republican Congressman David Dreier of California as well as two Democratic Senate candidates, Kirsten Gillibrand of New York, and Barbara Boxer of California.
He is married to Eileen Donahoe (née Chamberlain), former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva, Switzerland. They have four children; three sons and a daughter, and live in Portola Valley, California.
- cdn.businessweek.com at Archive.today (archived 2013-07-13)
- "Leadership - eBay Inc". Web.archive.org. Retrieved 2018-03-08.
- "John Donahoe Joins NIKE, Inc. Board of Directors". Nike. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- "Cheryl L. Dorsey and John Donahoe Join The Bridgespan Group Board of Trustees". Bridgespan. Retrieved 2019-06-15.
- Balakrishnan, Anita (2017-02-27). "Former eBay boss John Donahoe named CEO of cloud company ServiceNow". CNBC. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "Former eBay CEO John Donahue Has A New Job". Fortune. Retrieved 2017-02-27.
- "John Donahoe". Irish America. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "Tech drives eBay growth". Chicago Sun-Times. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "John J. Donahoe II". Businessweek. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "A fifth-generation Irish-American, John is very interested in his Irish ancestry". Irish America. 2008-06-02. Retrieved 2017-03-25.
- linkedin.com at the Library of Congress Web Archives (archived 2013-11-08)
- Stone, Brad (2007-02-21). "Stirring Up the Cubicles at eBay". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "John Donahoe | Irish America". irishamerica.com. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- Eldon, Eric; Tsotsis, Alexia. "John Donahoe, eBay President And CEO, To Take The Disrupt NY Stage". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- Mac, Ryan. "EBay Reveals $23 Million Golden Parachute For CEO John Donahoe In PayPal Split". Forbes. Retrieved 2017-04-05.
- "Trustees Emeriti". Dartmouth College. Retrieved May 26, 2017.
- Turner, Nick (22 October 2019). "Nike Taps EBay Veteran John Donahoe to Succeed Parker as CEO". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 22 October 2019.
- NEWSMEAT ▷ John Donahoe's Federal Campaign Contribution Report Archived 2012-09-22 at the Wayback Machine. Newsmeat.com. Retrieved on 2013-08-24.
- "Dartmouth News' announcement of Dr. Donahoe's appointment of U.S. Ambassador to UNHR", The Dartmouth, 13 November 2009.
- Donahoe, Eileen and John (15 July 2013). "'We Leaned Into Our Marriage'". Lean In.
- Sellers, Patricia (26 January 2011). "EBay CEO Donahoe bares his own work-life struggles". CNN Money. Archived from the original on 25 April 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to John Donahoe.|
| President and CEO of eBay
March 31, 2008 – July 19, 2015