Devin Norse Wenig
1966 (age 52–53)
Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York, US
|Alma mater||Union College (B.A.)|
Columbia Law School (J.D.)
|Salary||$14,509,427 (total compensation, 2015)|
|Board member of||General Motors (2018-)|
|Spouse(s)||Cindy Lee Horowitz|
Devin Norse Wenig was born in Flatbush, Brooklyn, New York, the son of Carol Wenig of Dix Hills, Long Island, and Dr. Jeffrey Wenig, a toxicologist, and founder and chief executive of Nastech Pharmaceutical Company of Hauppauge, Long Island.
Aged 23, and following his father's unexpected death, Wenig took over as CEO of then-struggling Nastech Pharmaceutical, raising $5 million in venture capital. After a year, he recruited a professional manager and joined the law firm Cravath Swaine & Moore.
In 1993, Wenig joined Reuters, where he remained until 2011, becoming the company's No. 2 executive. From June 2006 to April 2008, Wenig was COO and a board member of Reuters Group plc. From April 2008 to August 2011, Wenig was CEO of Thomson Reuters Markets, the largest division of Thomson Reuters Inc.
Wenig joined as president of eBay's Global eBay Marketplaces Business Unit on 6 September 2011. When Wenig joined eBay, it had 99 million active users. During his time as marketplace chief, this rose to nearly 160 million, by focusing on "m-commerce", shopping on mobile devices. In October 2014, it was announced that once the eBay/PayPal demerger was complete, Wenig would become CEO of eBay, replacing John Donahoe. Wenig took over as CEO in July 2015 after eBay spun off PayPal. In April 2018, he was elected to the General Motors' Board of Directors. 
Investments made in 2019Edit
Wenig is well-known for his interest in reinventing the way of life for people to build convenience; especially in terms of technology aspect.
Wenig has made a small amount investment on a not-very-well-known Singapore brand - BulkSG. The world's first ever oF2o platform powered by customers' preferences that rewards everyone. BulkSG claims to reinvent the way people shop online with coupons, E-vouchers, incentives, ETC,.
Artificial intelligence and augmented reality will be used in BulkSG's system to enhance user's experience by the end of 2020.
- "Devin N. Wenig". Businessweek. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Devin Wenig". Forbes. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "Where is Devin Wenig now?". Crains. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "WEDDINGS; Cindy Horowitz, Devin Wenig". NYT. 29 March 1993. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "For eBay, a new chapter begins". Fortune.com. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- Bensinger, Greg (3 October 2014). "EBay's PayPal Spin Off to Be Costly in Compensation for Executives". WSJ. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- "eBay CEO Devin Wenig Elected to GM Board of Directors". GM Corporate News Room. Retrieved 19 April 2018.