Johanna Walpurgis of Leiningen-Westerburg
Johanna Walpurgis of Leiningen-Westerburg (3 June 1647 - 4 November 1687), was a German noblewoman member of the House of Runkel (through female line surnamed Leiningen-Westerburg) and by marriage Duchess of Saxe-Weissenfels.
|Johanna Walpurgis of Leiningen-Westerburg|
|Duchess consort of Saxe-Weisselfels|
|Born||3 June 1647|
Schaumburg an der Lahn
|Died||4 November 1687 (aged 40)|
|Spouse||Augustus, Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels|
|Issue||Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels-Dahme|
|Father||George William, Count of Leiningen-Westerburg|
|Mother||Sophia Elisabeth of Lippe-Detmold|
Born in Schaumburg an der Lahn, she was the third of nineteen children born from the marriage of George William, Count of Leiningen-Westerburg in Schaumburg and Countess Sophia Elisabeth of Lippe-Detmold. From her eighteen older and younger siblings, eleven survive adulthood: Simon Philipp, Frederick William, Maria Christiana (by marriage Countess Reuss of Lobenstein), Sophia Magdalena (by marriage Countess of Schönburg-Hartenstein), John Anton, Christoph Christian, Johanna Elisabeth (by her two marriages Countess of Wied-Runkel and Metternich-Winneburg), Angelika Catherine (by marriage Grevinde af Vasaborg), Henry Christian Frederick Ernest, Georg II Charles Louis and Juliana Eleonore (by marriage Countess of Metternich-Winneburg).
- Frederick, Duke of Saxe-Weissenfels-Dahme (Halle, 20 November 1673 - Dahme, 16 April 1715).
- Maurice (Halle, 5 January 1676 - Szeged, Hungary, 12 September 1695).
- Stillborn son (1679).
- Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Runkel". genealogy.euweb.cz. Retrieved 10 October 2014.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Georg Wilhelm Graf v.Leiningen-Westerburg in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan [retrieved 10 October 2014].
- Note: not named the stillborn son. Marek, Miroslav. "Genealogy of the House of Wettin". genealogy.euweb.cz. Retrieved 10 October 2014.[self-published source][better source needed]
- Johanna Walpurgis v.Leiningen-Westerburg in: Genealogy Database by Herbert Stoyan [retrieved 10 October 2014].
- Leiningen-Westerburg line in: royaltyguide.nl [retrieved 10 October 2014].
Johanna Walpurgis of Leiningen-WesterburgBorn: 3 June 1647 Died: 4 November 1687
Title last held byAnna Maria of Mecklenburg-Schwerin
| Duchess consort of Saxe-Weissenfels
Johanna Magdalena of Saxe-Altenburg