Johanna Ernst in Imst, 2009
|Born||November 16, 1992|
|Occupation||Professional sport climber|
|Height||158 cm (5 ft 2 in)|
|Weight||48 kg (106 lb)|
|Type of climber||Bouldering, Lead climbing|
|Known for||Winning the World Cup twice, and the World Championships once.|
|Updated on November 3, 2017.|
Ernst began climbing when she was 8 years old. Initially, she only competed in the lead climbing discipline. In 2008, when she was 16, she participated in her first Lead Climbing World Cup and won it, earning three gold, two silver and one bronze medals. In the same year she also won the Rock Master climbing festival and the Lead Climbing European Championship in Paris.
In 2009, she won the Lead Climbing World Championships in Qinghai and, for the second time in a row, the Lead Climbing World Cup. As a decoration of honor for these outstanding achievements, in 2009 she was also awarded the Gold Medal for Services to the Republic of Austria.
In 2010, she could not compete in the Lead Climbing World Cup due to an ankle sprain caused by a fall during the Bouldering World Cup on June 4 in Vail. However, in September she was able to earn the silver medal at the European Championships in Imst.
Number of medals in the Climbing World CupEdit
- La Fabelita - Santa Linya (ESP) - April 5, 2012
- Minas Tirith - Ötztal (AUT) - August 7, 2008
- Santa Linya - Santa Linya (ESP) - April 3, 2009
- La Mare del Tano - Santa Linya (ESP) - April 3, 2009
- Flix Flax - Terradets (ESP) - April 1, 2009
- White Winds - Schleierwasserfall (AUT) - March 30, 2008
- planetmountain.com, ed. (November 17, 2008). "Coppa del mondo arrampicata Lead a Johanna Ernst e Jorg Verhoeven".
- Vinicio Stefanello (September 7, 2008). planetmountain.com (ed.). "Patxi Usobiaga e Johanna Ernst vincono il Rock Master 2008".
- Vinicio Stefanello (July 7, 2009). planetmountain.com (ed.). "Campionati del mondo di arrampicata - Qinghai (CHN)".
- planetmountain.com, ed. (November 16, 2009). "Coppa del Mondo Lead 2009 a Johanna Ernst e Adam Ondra".
- johanna-ernst.at (ed.). "Goldene Ehrenzeichen".[permanent dead link]
- Vinicio Stefanello (September 20, 2010). planetmountain.com (ed.). "Campionati Europei di arrampicata, i risultati".
- IFSC, ed. (August 20, 2019). "World Cup Rankings". Retrieved August 20, 2019.
- IFSC, ed. (August 20, 2019). "Ernst's profile and rankings". Retrieved August 20, 2019.
- planetmountain.com, ed. (April 12, 2012). "Johanna Ernst da 8c+ a Santa Linya, Spagna".
- desnivel.com, ed. (June 12, 2009). "Johanna Ernst, 8b a vista en Santa Linya".
- planetmountain.com, ed. (April 16, 2008). "Arrampicata nello Schleierwasserfall, Austria".