Joe Fraser (gymnast)
Joe Fraser (born 6 December 1998) is an English artistic gymnast. He has won a gold on the parallel bars at the World Championships in 2019, the first for Britain on the apparatus. As a member of the British Senior team since 2017, he has also won Team silver in the European Artistic Gymnastic Championships.
|Country represented||Great Britain|
|Born||6 December 1998|
|Discipline||Men's artistic gymnastics|
|Club||City of Birmingham GC|
|Head coach(es)||Lee Woolls|
|Last updated on: 13 October 2019.|
Fraser won the All-Around title at the 2017 British Championships. He also won a gold medal on the high bar, silver medal on rings and bronze medal on parallel bars.
In March 2019, Fraser won a silver medal on the high bar and bronze medal on parallel bars at the British Championships. At the 2019 European Championships, Fraser narrowly missed out on a bronze medal by 0.033 marks in the all-around final.
In October 2019, Fraser won gold at the Gymnastics World Championships for his performance on the parallel bars with a score 15.000. He was the youngest competitor on the apparatus and his win was Great Britain's first gold medal on the apparatus.
- "Joe Fraser". British Gymnastics.
- "Joe Fraser and Ellie Downie take 2017 British all-around titles". British Gymnastics. 25 March 2017.
- "High bar falls cost British gymnasts as Russia takes European team gold". ESPN. 11 August 2018.
- "Joe Fraser 4th and James Hall 7th in European all-around final". British Gymnastics. 12 April 2019.
- "World Gymnastics Championships: Joe Fraser wins Britain's first parallel bars gold". BBC Sport. 13 October 2019.
|This biographical article related to British artistic gymnastics is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|