Jitendra Nath Pande
Jitendra Nath Pande or J. N. Pande (14 June 1941 – 23 May 2020) was an Indian Pulmonologist and Professor and Head of Medicine at the All India Institute of Medical Studies (AIIMS). He was working as Senior Consultant (Medicine) at Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science & Research, New Delhi. He died on 23 May 2020 during sleep when he was home quarantined due to COVID-19 positivity, in New Dehli.
Jitendra Nath Pande
|Died||22 May 2020 (aged 78)|
|Alma mater||MBBS and MD (Medicine) from AIIMS, New Delhi|
|Occupation||Senior Consultant (Medicine) at Sitaram Bhartia Institute of Science & Research and former Professor & Head of Medicine, AIIMS, New Delhi|
|Parent(s)||Shri Madan Mohan Pande and Smt. Kamla Devi Pande|
Personal and family detailsEdit
Pande obtained both his MBBS in 1963 and MD (Medicine) in 1966 degrees from AIIMS, New Delhi.
Work and important assignmentsEdit
Pande specialised in Respiratory Medicine and Clinical Epidemiology.
He treated many famous personalities from public life like President of India, Prime Minister of India, politicians, etc. Some of his famous patients are former Power Minister Rangarajan Kumaramangalam, Raj Kapoor.
Important assignments of Pande include:
- Personal doctor to the President of India.
- Director Clinical Epidemiology Unit, All India Institute Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Chief, SRB Center of Clinical Pharmacology, Department of Medicine, All India Institute Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Head, Department of Medicine, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Professor, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Associate Professor, All India Institute Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor, All India Institute Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- Member, Review Committee Bhopal Gas Disaster.
Pande published more than 170 papers in national and international journals apart from delivering many prestigious orations.
Pande was conferred many prestigious awards, some of them are mentioned below:
- Emeritus Professor by National Academy of Medical Sciences
- Ranbaxy Science by Foundation Award
- Sri Omprakash Bhasin by Foundation Award in Health and Technology
- Council Member, National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Fellow, National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Fellow, National Academy of Sciences
- Guest Editor, The Indian Journal of Medical Research (IJMR)
- Speaker, NCCP (I) – Prof. Raman Vishwanathan Memorial Chest Oration, Amritsar, 1995 (Previously known as Raman Vishwanathan Memorial Oration / Lecture)
- Fellow, National College Chest Physicians
- Member, Indian Council Medical Research
- Vice President, Chest Institute
- Member, Chest Institute
- Vice President, Indian Council Medical Research
- Editor, Indian Journal Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences
- Editor, Annals of National Academy Medical Sciences
- "Sitaram Bhartia Doctors | Sitaram Bhartia Hospital".
- AIIMS: An Institute of Moribund Scientists
- "Delhi: Jitendra Nath Pande, famed ex-AIIMS ."
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Nation". www.tribuneindia.com.
- May 31, Simran Bhargava; May 31, 1988 ISSUE DATE; December 2, 1988UPDATED; Ist, 2013 13:37. "Raj Kapoor: Doyen of Indian cinema lies critically ill". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- June 30, PANKAJ PACHAURI; June 30, 1988 ISSUE DATE; November 29, 1988UPDATED; Ist, 2013 11:46. "Even as he lay dying, Raj Kapoor fought a valiant battle with a horde of diseases". India Today.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- Tiwary, Shwetha (14 October 2019). "Jitendra Nath Pande- EP 2-Unsung Hero In medical field". Medium.
- "Drug resistance major hurdle in treating TB | India News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi's air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing". 31 March 2015.
- "Dr J N Pande General Physician in New Delhi". HealthKonnect.
- "Council Members".
- "The National Academy of Sciences, India - Fellows". nasi.nic.in.
- "Indian Journal of Medical Research". medind.nic.in.
- "RAMAN VISHWANATHAN MEMORIAL ORATION / LECTURE".