|Arizona Diamondbacks – No. 54|
|Born: December 27, 1991|
|August 20, 2017, for the Arizona Diamondbacks|
|MLB statistics |
(through September 28, 2019)
|Earned run average||2.98|
Sherfy attended Newbury Park High School in Newbury Park, California. He played college baseball at the University of Oregon from 2011 to 2013. He was the Ducks closer in 2010 and 2011, recording 40 saves during that time. As a junior, he was named a first-team All-American by National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA). Overall in his career he was 7–3 with a 2.65 earned run average (ERA) and 148 strikeouts in 102 innings pitched.
Sherfy was drafted by the Arizona Diamondbacks in the tenth round of the 2013 Major League Baseball draft. He made his professional debut with the Hillsboro Hops and was promoted to the South Bend Silver Hawks during the season. He finished his first season with a 1–1 record, 1.04 ERA, 29 strikeouts and seven saves over 17 1⁄3 innings. He started the 2014 season with the Visalia Rawhide.
The Diamondbacks added Sherfy to their 40-man roster after the 2016 season. He made his MLB debut on August 20, 2017. As of the end of the 2017 season, at 2-0 lifetime he was one of only two pitchers with a 1.000 winning percentage with Arizona who have more than one victory, with the other being Craig Breslow.
- Potkey, Rhiannon (June 1, 2013). "College Notebook: Newbury Park's Jimmie Sherfy thrives as Oregon closer". Ventura County Star. Archived from the original on April 21, 2014.
- Curley, Joe (May 8, 2018). "LOCAL CHATTER: Jimmie Sherfy awaiting another big league call from Arizona Diamondbacks". Ventura County Star. Retrieved May 8, 2018.
- "Hillsboro Hops: Former Oregon Ducks closer Jimmie Sherfy is 'itching' to return to mound". Oregonlive.com. July 8, 2013. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- Courtesy UO. "Oregon baseball: Ducks hope to ride right arm of closer Jimmie Sherfy all the way to the College World Series". Oregonlive.com. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- New attitude has closer Jimmie Sherfy pitching with Ducks’ big dogs Archived April 21, 2014, at the Wayback Machine
- "Sherfy Named NCBWA First-Team All-American". Goducks.com. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- "Oregon pitchers Jimmie Sherfy, Cole Wiper selected in 10th round of MLB draft". Oregonlive.com. June 7, 2013. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- "Jimmie Sherfy, called up from Hops, moves past 'Wild Thing' moniker". Oregonlive.com. August 15, 2013. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- Gilbert, Steve. "Diamondbacks add 6 prospects to 40-man roster | MLB.com". M.dbacks.mlb.com. Retrieved August 24, 2017.
- Saturday Sporcle: Arizona Diamondbacks Loss Leaders - AZ Snake Pit
- Career statistics and player information from MLB, or ESPN, or Baseball-Reference, or Fangraphs, or The Baseball Cube, or Baseball-Reference (Minors)
- Oregon Ducks bio
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball pitcher born in the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|