National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association
The NCBWA compiles a preseason ranking of the top 35 teams in the nation, as voted on by its members. In addition, weekly rankings of the top 30 teams are released throughout the season and after the College World Series.
Also the National Coach of the Year is awarded by NCBWA.
National Coach of the YearEdit
|2008||Mike Batesole||Fresno State|
|2012||Matt Senk||Stony Brook|
|2014||Mike Gillespie||UC Irvine|
|2016||Gary Gilmore||Coastal Carolina|
|2017||Pat Casey||Oregon State|
|2018||Gary Henderson||Mississippi State|
Wilbur Snypp AwardEdit
Winners of the NCBWA's Wilbur Snypp Award for contributions to college baseball: The plaque memorializes longtime Ohio State sports information director and NCBWA founder, the late Wilbur (Bill) Snypp. Snypp was a noted contributor to the writers' organization, which was initiated in 1962, as well as an officer in the group. The NCBWA/Wilbur Snypp Award yearly honors a professional for contributions to the sport of college baseball. Voting is conducted by a panel of previous winners, who include past NCAA College World Series directors, College Sports Information Directors of America Hall of Fame members, decorated media members and others.
Past Wilbur Snypp Award Winners 1975 Wilbur Snypp, Ohio State 1976 Bill Esposito, St. John's 1977 Phil Langan, Cornell 1978 John Geis, Southern Conference 1979 Hank Schomber, Georgia Southern 1980 Bob Culp, Western Michigan 1981 Lou Pavlovich, Sr., Collegiate Baseball 1982 Tom Price, South Carolina 1983 Bob Bradley, Clemson 1984 Robert Williams, Omaha World-Herald 1985 Jerry Miles, NCAA 1986 Larry Keefe, Seton Hall 1987 Tom Rowen, San Jose Mercury-News 1988 Fred Gerardi, KESY Radio, Omaha 1989 Jim Wright, NCAA 1990 Steve Weller, SIU-Edwardsville 1991 Bill Little, University of Texas 1992 Kirk Bohls, Austin American-Statesman 1993 Bo Carter, Southwest Conference 1994 Lou Pavlovich, Jr., Collegiate Baseball 1995 Steve Pivovar, Omaha World-Herald 1996 Gary Johnson, NCAA 1997 Dave Wohlhueter, Cornell 1998 Allan Simpson, Baseball America 1999 Alan Cannon, Texas A&M University 2000 Jim Callis, Baseball America 2001 Dick Case, USA Baseball 2002 Russ Anderson, Conference USA 2003 John Manuel, BASEBALL AMERICA 2004 Dana Heiss Grodin, USA TODAY Sports Weekly 2005 Dennis Poppe, NCAA 2006 Mike Montoro, Southern Miss 2007 Barry Allen, Alabama 2008 Mike Patrick, ESPN 2009 Al Chase, Honolulu Star-Bulletin 2010 Lou Spry, NCAA 2011 Jeremy Mills, ESPN/D1Baseball.com 2012 Eric Olson, Associated Press 2013 J.D. Hamilton, NCAA 2014 John Sullivan, Rice 2015 David Feaster, Dick Howser Trophy 2016 Ralph Zobell, BYU 2017 Aaron Fitt, D1Baseball 2018 Kyle Peterson D1Baseball and Espn 2019 Jim Ellis, Mississippi State
- College Baseball All-America Team
- List of college baseball awards
- Baseball awards #U.S. college baseball
- Baseball Writers' Association of America (BBWAA)
- National Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association
- Pro Basketball Writers Association
- United States Basketball Writers Association (college)
- Football Writers Association of America (college)
- Pro Football Writers Association
- Professional Hockey Writers Association
- "About the NCBWA". Sportswriters.net. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "BYU Baseball Press Release". BYUCougars.com. April 26, 2005. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- Plunkett, Jack W. (2006). Plunkett's Entertainment & Media ... – Google Books. ISBN 9781593920517. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "#1 in College Sports". CSTV.com. December 17, 2007. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "Washington Daily News Online > Archives > Sports > ECU's Simmons named to watch list". Wdnweb.com. April 16, 2010. Retrieved May 17, 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "#1 in College Sports". CSTV.com. May 19, 2006. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association > Awards". Sportswriters.net. Retrieved May 17, 2010.
- "NCBWA > Awards > National Coach of the Year". www.sportswriters.net. Retrieved 17 April 2018.
- NCBWA official website