Jiangning District (simplified Chinese: 江宁区; traditional Chinese: 江寧區; pinyin: Jiāngníng Qū) is one of 11 districts of Nanjing, the capital of Jiangsu province, China. The District has a population of 1,025,000 and an area of 1600 square kilometers. It includes southern and south-eastern suburbs of Nanjing.
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|• Total||1,600 km2 (600 sq mi)|
|• Density||640/km2 (1,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
|Nanjing district map||
Jiangning Development Zone is located in this district. It has a population of 210,000. The Zone was approved on February 2, 1997 to be a national-level high and new technology industry development zone. In June 2001, the Zone won ISO14001 environmental management system certificate. In June 2002, it won the title of the Jiangsu Provincial Base for Electronic and Information Industry. Approved Power automation industry base by National Science Ministry in October 30, 2004.
The name of Jiangning is meaning "peace in Jiangnan", the character "jiang" (江) is meaning "river", especially meaning the Yangtze river; the character "ning" (寧) is meaning "peace". Jiangning was established in 280, and it was named Linjiang (臨江) at that time. At the next year, it said that it was peaceful in Jiangnan (外江無事; wài jiāng wú shì), so changed the name Linjiang to Jiangning.
Jiangning district has ten subdistricts:
- Dongshan, Moling, Tangshan, Chunhua, Lukou, Jiangning, Guli, Hushu, Hengxi, Qilin
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2019)
- (in Chinese) Overview of Jiangning District, Official website of Nanjing Jiangning District People's Government, visited on Oct. 7, 2018.
- “江宁”名字的形成. Jiangning district library (in Chinese). 2011-11-18. Retrieved 2017-05-26.
- 2016年统计用区划代码：江宁区. National bureau of statistics of the People's Republic of China (in Chinese).
- Home. British School of Nanjing. Retrieved on 5 January 2019. "The British School of Nanjing 16 Han Fu Lu Jiangning Nanjing 211106"