Jennifer A. Hoeting
Jennifer Ann Hoeting is an American statistician known for her work with Adrian Raftery, David Madigan, and others on Bayesian model averaging. She is a professor of statistics at Colorado State University, and executive editor of the open-access journal Advances in Statistical Climatology, Meteorology and Oceanography, published by Copernicus Publications. With Geof H. Givens, a colleague at Colorado State, she is the author of Computational Statistics (Wiley, 2005; 2nd ed., 2013), a graduate textbook on computational methods in statistics.
Education and careerEdit
Hoeting graduated from the University of Michigan in 1988, majoring in statistics and psychology, and completed her Ph.D. in statistics in 1994 from the University of Washington. Her dissertation, jointly supervised by David Madigan and Adrian Raftery, was Accounting for Model Uncertainty in Linear Regression. She joined the Colorado State faculty in 1994. In 2011, she chaired the Section of Statistics and the Environment of the American Statistical Association.
Awards and honorsEdit
In 2013, Hoeting was elected as a Fellow of the American Statistical Association. In 2015 she was selected to give the Professor Laureate Lecture of the College of Natural Sciences at Colorado State, and won the Distinguished Achievement Medal of the Section of Statistics and the Environment of the American Statistical Association.
- Curriculum vitae (PDF), retrieved 2017-11-06
- Advances in Statistical Climatology, Meteorology and Oceanography, Copernicus Publications, retrieved 2017-11-06
- Reviews of Computational Statistics:
- Castagliola, Philippe (June 2006), Journal of the Royal Statistical Society, Series A, 169 (3): 653–654, doi:10.1111/j.1467-985X.2006.00430_5.x, JSTOR 3877444CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Turlach, Berwin A. (October 2006), Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 15 (5): 521–523, doi:10.1177/096228020601500513CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Jones, Galin L. (2006), Journal of the American Statistical Association, 101 (474): 856–857, doi:10.1198/jasa.2006.s112, JSTOR 27590758CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Owen, William Jason (2006), Technometrics, 48 (2): 309–310, doi:10.1198/tech.2006.s390CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Koskinen, Lasse (December 2013), International Statistical Review, 81 (3): 481–482, doi:10.1111/insr.12042_23CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Dialsingh, Isaac (2014), Journal of Applied Statistics, 41 (4): 910–911, doi:10.1080/02664763.2013.853912CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Shanmugam, Ramalingam (2014), Journal of Statistical Computation and Simulation, 84 (11): 2522–2523, doi:10.1080/00949655.2013.814261CS1 maint: untitled periodical (link)
- Jennifer A. Hoeting at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- "Section to Celebrate 20th Anniversary", Amstat News, American Statistical Association, February 1, 2010, retrieved 2017-11-20
- ASA Fellows list, American Statistical Association, archived from the original on 2017-12-01, retrieved 2017-11-06
- Professor Laureate Lecture, Colorado State University, 2015, retrieved 2017-11-20
- ENVR Awards, Section of Statistics and the Environment of the American Statistical Association, retrieved 2017-11-20