Jennarong Muengtaweepongsa (Thai: เจนณรงค์ มุ่งทวีพงษา, born 19 March 2000), also known as VanaticalDesign, is a Thai automobile designer known for designs such as the Koenigseggs Utagera and Legera concepts and the Aston Martin DB11 concept, among others.
|Born||March 19, 2000|
|Years active||2012 - present|
|Known for||Automobile design (see below)|
Muengtaweepongsa has attended the Meet The Masters Seminar Event held by Quattroruote where he has met and been received by designers such as Chris Bangle, Giorgetto Giugiaro, Filippo Perini, and Walter de Silva.
He has also been invited to provide a guest lecture on his design work and related success at Mahidol University International Demonstration School. His Koenigsegg Utagera (Swedish for "terminate") concept was also featured in the 32nd Thai International Motor Expo under the exhibit 'Thai Automotive Designers Meet the Masters'.
Muengtaweepongsa started sketching cars since 2006 and got into 3D modeling by age 12 on applications such as Trimble SketchUp. Muengtaweepongsa's currently uses an array of design software from Blender to Luxion's Keyshot and Adobe's Photoshop.
The Utagera (Swedish for "terminate") was on display as a quarter scale show model at the Thailand International Motor Expo, being Muengtaweepongsa's first design to be built in a physical form. Envisioned specs on the Utagera include a 5.0-litre (310 cu in) V8 engine aspirated by a pair of turbos that would produce up to 1,000 brake-horsepower (750 kW) without any electrical aid.
The Utagera along with many of Jennarong's works is sponsored by Australian automotive parts manufacturer Brypar, showcasing their concept brakes.
ToBeUs x QuattroruoteEdit
Muengtaweepongsa was invited to design a wooden toy car in collaboration with Italian magazine Quattroruote for the ToBeUs Foundation. The model was to celebrate the magazine's 60th anniversary. It put on show at the Unicredit Pavilion in Milan, Italy.
- Lynton, Adam. "15 Year Old Creates Stunning Koenigsegg Utagera Concept". CarBuzz. CarBuzz. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- Lynton, Adam. "Incredible Renderings Show What A 'Baby Koenigsegg' Could Look Like". CarBuzz. CarBuzz. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- Doell, Zach (12 June 2015). "A 15-Year-Old Created This Amazing 800HP 'Baby' Koenigsegg". Yahoo Autos. Yahoo. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- Hines, Michael. "Incredible Aston Martin DB11 Rendering Comes From Where You'd Least Expect". CarBuzz. CarBuzz. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "Koenigsegg Utagera Concept Uses Brypar Brakes – Brypar". brypar.com. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Press Archives - Tobeus". Tobeus. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- "Iniziative Quattroruote Day 2016 - Quattroruote.it". Quattroruote.it (in Italian). Retrieved 2016-03-31.