Jason Mitchell (born January 5, 1987) is an American actor. He is best known for portraying rapper Eazy-E in the 2015 biopic Straight Outta Compton. In 2017, he starred in the blockbuster Kong: Skull Island, as well as dramas Detroit and Mudbound.
Jason Mitchell on July 23, 2016.
|Born||January 5, 1987|
New Orleans, Louisiana, U.S.
Mitchell had roles in the films Contraband and Broken City, both of which starred Mark Wahlberg. In 2014, Mitchell was cast as Compton rapper Eazy-E in the biopic Straight Outta Compton, with his performance being met with significant praise by critics. In 2016, he appeared in Keanu, which starred Keegan-Michael Key and Jordan Peele, and in 2017 starred as a Vietnam War officer in the monster movie, Kong: Skull Island. In 2018, Mitchell starred in the American drama The Chi, but did not return for a third season due to his misconduct allegations.
Sexual misconduct allegationsEdit
In May 2019, Mitchell was fired from the TV series The Chi, when showrunner Ayanna Floyd Davis and co-star Tiffany Boone accused him of misconduct. Mitchell accepted the accusations and apologized, but also accused Floyd Davis of making an inconsiderate comment on set, which he reported to showrunner Lena Waithe.
Mitchell was arrested on April 22, 2020 on various counts, including "drugs and weapons charges."
|2015||Major Crimes||Twizz||Episode: "Snitch"|
|2017–18||Freedom Fighters: The Ray||John Trujillo / Black Condor (voice)||Web series|
|2018–19||The Chi||Brandon Johnson||20 episodes|
|2018||Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams||Lenny||Episode: "Kill All Others"|
|Forever||Andre||Episode: "Andre and Sarah"|
- "UPI Almanac for Saturday, Jan. 5, 2019". United Press International. January 5, 2019. Archived from the original on January 5, 2019. Retrieved September 6, 2019.
actor Jason Mitchell in 1987 (age 33)
- Tatiana Siegel (June 16, 2014). "NWA Biopic Casts Its Dr. Dre, Eazy-E". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- Scott, Mike (August 17, 2015). "What does Eazy-E's daughter think of New Orleans actor Jason Mitchell's portrayal of her father in 'Straight Outta Compton'?". The Times-Picayune. New Orleans. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- Metz, Nina. "As 'The Chi' returns without Jason Mitchell, a look back at why is he off the series". chicagotribune.com. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- "Jason Mitchell Arrested for Drugs, Weapons in Mississippi | Hollywood Reporter". www.hollywoodreporter.com. Retrieved September 12, 2020.
- Lattanzio, Ryan (February 17, 2020). "'The Chi' Star Tiffany Boone Breaks Silence on Series Exit Amid Misconduct Accusations Against Jason Mitchell". IndieWire. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- Keyaira Boone (November 5, 2019). "'Chi' Star Jason Mitchell Apologizes After Misconduct Allegations Surface". Essence. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- Katherine Schaffstall (November 4, 2019). "Jason Mitchell Opens Up About 'The Chi' Exit, Says #MeToo Movement Was Used as an "Ugly Weapon"". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- Matt Grobar (April 23, 2020). "'Straight Outta Compton's Jason Mitchell Arrested On Felony Drug And Weapons Charges". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
- John Nugent (February 18, 2016). "Jameson Empire Awards 2016: Star Wars and Mad Max lead the nominations". Empire. Retrieved May 9, 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Jason Mitchell.|