|Born||Jason Thomas Knight|
July 14, 1992
D'Iberville, Mississippi, United States
|Other names||The Kid|
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||145 lb (66 kg; 10.4 st)|
|Reach||71 in (180 cm)|
|Fighting out of||D'Iberville, Mississippi, United States|
|Team||Alan Belcher MMA Club |
American Top Team D'Iberville
|Rank||Brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu|
|Years active||2009–2018, 2021–present|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Reared in D'Iberville, Mississippi, Knight began training at the age of 14 to stay out of trouble and street fighting. He attended George County High School before dropping out at the age of 16, and began training with UFC veteran Alan Belcher.
Mixed martial arts career Edit
Early career Edit
Ultimate Fighting Championship Edit
Knight made his promotional debut against Tatsuya Kawajiri on December 11, 2015, at The Ultimate Fighter 22 Finale, replacing Mirsad Bektić on two weeks' notice. He lost the fight via unanimous decision.
Post-UFC career Edit
Following the stint in bare-knuckle boxing, Knight was expected to make his return to mixed martial arts against Christopher Ramírez at iKon Fighting Federation 5 on March 5, 2021. However, Ramírez had to withdraw from the fight due to problems getting into the United States and was replaced by Taurean Bogguess. In turn, Bogguess withdrew during the fight week and was replaced by Cliff Wright. Knight won the bout via second-round submission.
On May 29, 2021, it was announced that Knight is scheduled to headline the inaugural event of Jorge Masvidal's Gamebred Fighting Championship against Charles Bennett on June 18, 2021. The bout had typical mixed martial arts rules, but was contested without gloves. Knight was knocked down early on, but went on to win the fight via rear-naked choke submission in round one.
Following the successful bout in Gamebred FC, Knight signed with the Professional Fighters League and faced Bobby Moffett at PFL 9 on August 27, 2021. At weigh-ins, Moffett weighed in at 148.2 pounds, missing weight by 2.2 pounds. The bout proceeded at catchweight and Moffett was fined a percentage of his purse, which went to Knight. He lost the bout via unanimous decision.
On May 19, 2022, Knight headlined Gulf Coast MMA 15 against Rey Trujillo. Knight defeated his opponent by a first round TKO. 
The Ultimate Fighter 31 Edit
Bare knuckle boxing Edit
Following his UFC release, Knight signed a one-fight contract with Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship. He faced Artem Lobov in the main event of Bare Knuckle FC 5 on April 6, 2019. Knight lost the bout and several of his teeth.
Knight was expected to headline Bare Knuckle FC 7 on August 10, 2019, against Leonard Garcia. However on July 15, 2019, Knight revealed on his social media that he was forced to withdraw from the bout due to a rib injury.
Personal life Edit
Championships and accomplishments Edit
Mixed martial arts Edit
Mixed martial arts record Edit
|30 matches||23 wins||7 losses|
|Win||23-7||Rey Trujillo||TKO (punches)||Gulf Coast MMA 15||May 19, 2022||1||2:05||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Loss||22–7||Bobby Moffett||Decision (unanimous)||PFL 9||August 27, 2021||3||5:00||Hollywood, Florida, United States||Catchweight (148.2 lb) bout; Moffett missed weight.|
|Win||22–6||Charles Bennett||Submission (rear-naked choke)||Gamebred Fighting Championships 1||June 19, 2021||1||3:01||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States||Bare Knuckle MMA.|
|Win||21–6||Cliff Wright||Submission (rear-naked choke)||iKon Fighting Federation 5||March 5, 2021||2||1:48||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Loss||20–6||Jordan Rinaldi||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 230||November 3, 2018||3||5:00||New York City, New York, United States|
|Loss||20–5||Makwan Amirkhani||Decision (split)||UFC Fight Night: Thompson vs. Till||May 27, 2018||3||5:00||Liverpool, England|
|Loss||20–4||Gabriel Benítez||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Swanson vs. Ortega||December 9, 2017||3||5:00||Fresno, California, United States||Knight was deducted one point in round 1 for biting Benítez's fingers.|
|Loss||20–3||Ricardo Lamas||TKO (punches)||UFC 214||July 29, 2017||1||4:34||Anaheim, California, United States|
|Win||20–2||Chas Skelly||TKO (punches)||UFC 211||May 13, 2017||3||0:39||Dallas, Texas, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||19–2||Alex Caceres||Submission (rear-naked choke)||UFC on Fox: Shevchenko vs. Peña||January 28, 2017||2||4:21||Denver, Colorado, United States||Performance of the Night.|
|Win||18–2||Dan Hooker||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Whittaker vs. Brunson||November 27, 2016||3||5:00||Melbourne, Australia|
|Win||17–2||Jim Alers||Decision (split)||UFC on Fox: Holm vs. Shevchenko||July 23, 2016||3||5:00||Chicago, Illinois, United States||Fight of the Night.|
|Loss||16–2||Tatsuya Kawajiri||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Faber Finale||December 11, 2015||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||16–1||Musa Khamanaev||Submission (triangle choke)||Titan FC 35||September 19, 2015||2||3:06||Ridgefield, Washington, United States|
|Win||15–1||Thiago Moisés||Decision (unanimous)||Atlas Fights 25||May 30, 2015||3||5:00||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States||Defended the Atlas Fights Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||14–1||Michael Roberts||Decision (unanimous)||Atlas Fights 23||April 4, 2015||5||5:00||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States||Won the vacant Atlas Fights Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||13–1||Gilbert Burgos||Submission (gogoplata)||Atlas FC 4||September 14, 2014||1||1:23||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States||Return to Featherweight.|
|Win||12–1||Harry Johnson||Submission (Von Flue choke)||V3 Fights: Johnson vs. Shuffield||June 21, 2014||2||4:38||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Win||11–1||Tony Way||Submission (inverted triangle choke)||Atlas Fights: Battle on Mobile Bay||April 12, 2014||1||2:03||Mobile, Alabama, United States|
|Win||10–1||Ronald Jacobs||TKO (punches)||Atlas Fights 20||January 18, 2014||1||1:43||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Win||9–1||Bradley Collins||Submission (armbar)||Atlas Fights 19||November 16, 2013||1||1:06||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States||Return to Lightweight.|
|Win||8–1||Matt McCook||Submission (rear naked choke)||Atlas Fights 13||September 22, 2012||1||0:52||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Loss||7–1||Michael Roberts||Decision (unanimous)||Atlas Fights 12||July 14, 2012||3||5:00||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States||For the Atlas Fights Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||7–0||Shawn Hayes||Submission (triangle choke)||Atlas Fights 10||February 11, 2012||3||4:33||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States||Won the interim Atlas Fights Featherweight Championship.|
|Win||6–0||James Rutherford||Submission (guillotine choke)||Atlas Fights 9||October 11, 2011||1||3:31||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Win||5–0||Jonathan Burdine||TKO (punches)||FFI: Blood and Sand 10||August 13, 2011||1||2:05||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Win||4–0||Ronald Jacobs||Submission (triangle choke)||UEP: Battle at the Beach||January 16, 2010||2||2:22||Daphne, Alabama, United States|
|Win||3–0||Daren Hayes||Submission (triangle choke)||UEP: Battle at the Beach||December 2, 2009||1||3:04||Orange Beach, Alabama, United States|
|Win||2–0||Shawn Hayes||Submission (armbar)||No Love Entertainment||November 7, 2009||1||1:50||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Win||1–0||Patrick Needham||Submission (triangle choke)||UEP: The Reckoning||September 24, 2009||1||1:10||Orange Beach, Alabama, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record Edit
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Loss||1–1||Kurt Holobaugh||TKO (punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Team McGregor vs. Team Chandler||Aug 8, 2023 (airdate)||2||2:56||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter 31 Semi-final round.|
|Win||1–0||Landon Quiñones||Submission (triangle choke)||Jul 11, 2023 (airdate)||1||0:54||The Ultimate Fighter 31 Quarterfinal round.|
Bare knuckle record Edit
|2 matches||1 win||1 loss|
|Win||1–1||Artem Lobov||TKO (corner stoppage)||Bare Knuckle FC 9||November 16, 2019||5||0:27||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Artem Lobov||Decision (unanimous)||Bare Knuckle FC 5||April 6, 2019||5||2:00||Biloxi, Mississippi, United States|
See also Edit
- Mixed martial arts show results Date: December 11, 2015
- Jason Knight [@jtkthekid] (February 27, 2021). "Last hard day was a successful one !! Still injury free and ready to put on a show next Friday night!!" – via Instagram.
- Jason Knight (@jtkthekid) (April 8, 2017). "Brown belt baby". Instagram. Archived from the original on 2021-12-25. Retrieved May 13, 2017.
- Brandon Sibcy (November 14, 2019). "Jason Knight: From unsanctioned fights in dog cages to headlining PPVs". thescrap.co.
- Staff (2015-12-03). "UFC signs Jason Knight to meet Tatsuya Kawajiri at next week's TUF 22 Finale". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Steven Marrocco (2015-12-11). "TUF 22 Finale results: Tatsuya Kawajiri grounds and pounds Jason Knight for decision win". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-05-25). "UFC on Fox 20 update: Jason Knight vs. Jim Alers booked for Chicago". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Ben Fowlkes (2016-07-23). "Jason Knight takes split over Jim Allers in bloody scrap". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Tristen Critchfield (2016-07-23). "UFC on Fox 20 bonuses: Herrig, Wineland, Knight, Alers receive $50K". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2016-07-23.
- Steven Marrocco (2016-11-26). "UFC Fight Night 100 results: Jason Knight outworks Dan Hooker over three rounds for decision win". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-01-28). "UFC on Fox 23 results: Jason Knight chokes out Alex Caceres in second round". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-02-06.
- Staff (2017-01-28). "UFC on FOX 23 bonuses: Valentina Shevchenko, Jorge Masvidal among $50,000 extra winners". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-01-29.
- Staff (2017-03-10). "Chas Skelly says he's fighting Jason Knight at UFC 211 in Dallas". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-03-10.
- Steven Marrocco (2017-05-13). "UFC 211 results: Jason Knight thrashes Chas Skelly in third round for fourth straight win". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-05-13.
- Staff (2017-05-14). "UFC 211 bonuses: Nutty heavyweight brawl between Chase Sherman, Rashad Coulter gets $50,000". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-05-14.
- Brian Martin (2017-06-06). "UFC 214: Jason Knight in for Korean Zombie to face Ricard Lamas". presstelegram.com. Retrieved 2017-06-06.
- Ben Fowlkes (2017-07-29). "UFC 214 results: Ricardo Lamas brutalizes Jason Knight for 1st-round TKO win". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-07-29.
- Staff (2017-10-16). "Jason Knight says he's fighting Gabriel Benitez at UFC Fight Night 123 in Fresno". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-10-16.
- "UFC Fight Night 123 results: Gabriel Benitez survives bite – yes, bite! – to dominate Jason Knight". MMAjunkie. 2017-12-10. Retrieved 2017-12-10.
- Staff (2018-03-21). "Makwan Amirkhani booked for UFC Liverpool bout". mmaviking.com. Retrieved 2018-03-21.
- "UFC Fight Night 130 results: Makwan Amirkhani battles Jason Knight in pocket, wrestles way to split-decision win". MMAjunkie. 2018-05-27. Retrieved 2018-05-27.
- Mark La Monica (2018-09-04). "UFC 230 gets another featherweight bout". newsday.com. Retrieved 2018-09-04.
- "UFC 230 results: Jordan Rinaldi dominates Jason Knight". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2018-11-04.
- Staff (2019-01-10). "Nine-fight UFC veteran Jason Knight says he's looking for new fighting home". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2019-01-10.
- Michael Lynch (January 12, 2021). "Jason Knight Set To Make MMA Return". mmasucka.com.
- Riley Kontek (February 15, 2021). Shootin' the Shit Ep. 42: Jason Knight – via YouTube.
- Cliff Wright [@cliffwrightcr] (March 1, 2021). "@cliffwrightcr steps up on 5 days notice to main event against UFC Vet @jtkthekid at @ikonfightingfederation 5 live on @ufcfightpass" – via Instagram.
- Rob Tatum (March 5, 2021). "iKON FF 5 Results: Knight Chokes Wright, Pierre Submits Stephenson". combatpress.com.
- "Jason Knight vs. Charles 'Felony' Bennett booked as first main event for Jorge Masvidal's bare-knuckle MMA promotion". mmafighting.com. May 29, 2021.
- Matthew Wells (June 18, 2021). "Gamebred Fighting Championship 1 results: Jason Knight clipped early, taps Charles Bennett in first round". MMAjunkie.com.
- Damon Martin (July 2, 2021). "Ex-UFC, BKFC fighter Jason Knight signs with PFL, expected to debut on Aug. 27 card". mmafighting.com.
- Newswire, MMA Fighting (2021-08-10). "PFL announces full 2021 Playoff 3 card, Brendan Loughnane vs. Movlid Khaybulaev headlines". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2021-08-11.
- Sherdog.com. "PFL 9: 2021 Playoffs Weigh-in Results: Featherweight & Light Heavyweight Semifinals Set". Sherdog. Retrieved 2021-08-27.
- "Wade, Khaybulaev, Carlos Junior and Hamlet lock up PFL championship berths". ESPN.com. 2021-08-27. Retrieved 2021-08-28.
- Sherdog.com. "GCMMA - Gulf Coast MMA 15". Sherdog. Retrieved 2022-10-27.
- Heck, Mike (2023-03-05). "Full TUF 31 cast revealed, featuring Conor McGregor and Michael Chandler as coaches". MMA Fighting. Retrieved 2023-03-26.
- "TUF 31 results video, full Ep. 7 recap McGregor vs. Chandler". mmamania.com.
- "'Fight of the Season' — TUF 31 results video, full Ep. 11 recap McGregor vs. Chandler". mmamania.com.
- Jesse Holland (February 13, 2019). "'Hammer' time! Artem Lobov inks 'six-figure deal' with Bare Knuckle FC, fights Jason Knight on April 20". mmamania.com.
- Thomas Myers (April 5, 2019). "Bare Knuckle FC 5 fight card for 'Lobov vs Knight' on April 6". mmamania.com.
- "Bare Knuckle FC 5 results: Artem Lobov wins thrilling brawl over Jason Knight". MMA Junkie. 2019-04-07. Retrieved 2019-04-07.
- Damon Martin (April 6, 2019). "Jason Knight happy for opportunity in BKFC because the 'UFC is going to [expletive]'". mmaweekly.com.
- Dave Doyle (June 23, 2019). "Jason Knight vs. Leonard Garcia announced for Bare Knuckle FC 7". mmajunkie.com.
- Mike Bohn (July 15, 2019). "Jason Knight announces injury, withdrawal from Bare Knuckle FC 7 main event". mmajunkie.com.
- Mike Bohn (October 9, 2019). "Artem Lobov vs. Jason Knight rematch headlines Bare Knuckle FC 9 on Nov. 16". mmajunkie.com.
- Beverly Tuskan (March 29, 2012). "19-year-old Jason Knight charged with felony grand larceny". gulflive.com.