Jaipur National University
Jaipur National University, established on 22 October 2007, is a private university located in the Jaipur district of Rajasthan, India. Founded through an Ordinance passed by the Government of Rajasthan, the University is owned by Sandeep Bakshi apart from JNU, he also owns three schools in Jaipur viz. Seedling Modern High School, Seedling Public School, and Seedling Nursery School. The University offers interdisciplinary programs in both traditional and distance.
|Chairperson||Dr. Sandeep Bakshi|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. H.N Verma|
|Affiliations||University Grants Commission, DEC, AICTE, AIU, NAAC|
Jaipur National University (JNU), Jaipur came into existence in the year 2007. Two professional institutes of the Seedling Academy, established in 2002, with several technical and professional programs of studies, were re-branded as a University. In 2008, an expert panel of UGC members made a site visit and audit and set in motion to eventually provide approval to the programs under Clause 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956. The School of Distance Education and Learning was accorded approval by the Joint Committee of the AICTE- DEC for offering certain programs through Distance Education mode.
As an interdisciplinary institution the university offers multiple programs in different colleges.
- School of Business & Management
- School of Computer & Systems Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Engineering & Technology
- School of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- School of Languages, Literature & Society
- School of Life & Basic Sciences
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmaceutical Sciences
- School of Social Sciences
- Seedling Institute of Media Studies
- Seedling School of Law & Governance (www.jnujaipur.ac.in/school-faculty/18/18/faculty/13)
- Institute for Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Jaipur. (It has a 390 bedded multi-specialty hospital).
Jaipur National University (JNU) and the degrees awarded by them are on track to be recognized by the University Grants Commission (UGC), All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). They are authorized to deliver distance learning course per the Distance Education Bureau (DEB). The university was accredited by the NAAC (National Accreditation and Assessment Council) in 2015 .
The university is accredited by the Bar council of India (BCI) ,Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Indian Nursing Council (INC), National Council for Teacher Education (NCTE), Bar Council of India (BCI) and Medical Council of India (MCI).
The university has been ranked by India Today in 2013, 2014 and 2015 as one of India's Top 30 universities.
SiliconIndia has ranked the university in the MBA Top 20 private universities.
BioSpectrum India has ranked the university in the Top 20 Biotech schools.
- "THE UNIVERSITY".
- "UGC Act-1956" (PDF). mhrd.gov.in/. Secretary, University Grants Commission. Retrieved 1 February 2016.
- "Institute for Medical Sciences and Research Centre, Jaipur". www.jnujaipur.ac.in/. Jaipur National University. Retrieved 7 March 2016.
- "University Grants Commission" (PDF). www.ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "All India Council for Technical Education" (PDF). www.aicte-india.org. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "Distance Education Bureau" (PDF). www.ugc.ac.in. Retrieved 12 February 2015.
- "National Accreditation and Assessment Council". www.naac.gov.in. Retrieved 27 July 2015.
- "Approved Degree institutions u/s 12". www.pci.nic.in. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Indian Nursing Council - Private Universities" (PDF). Indian Nursing Council.
- "NRC - National Council for Teacher Education". nrcncte.org. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "Recognition". www.jnujaipur.ac.in. Retrieved 13 June 2016.
- "MCI Recognition".
- "India Today Top 30 Universities". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Private Universities India". www.siliconindia.com. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
- "Top 20 Private Biotech Schools, 2013". www.biospectrumindia.com. Retrieved 23 November 2015.