Nottingham catching for the Colorado Springs Sky Sox in 2018
|Milwaukee Brewers – No. 26|
|Born: April 3, 1995|
|April 16, 2018, for the Milwaukee Brewers|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2019 Season)
|Runs batted in||4|
Nottingham attended Redlands High School in Redlands, California. The Houston Astros selected him in the sixth round of the 2013 Major League Baseball Draft. He made his professional debut that year with the Gulf Coast Astros, where he spent the whole season, batting .247 with one home run and 20 RBIs in 44 games. In 2014, he played for the Greeneville Astros, where he batted .230 with five home runs and 28 RBIs, and he started 2015 with the Quad Cities River Bandits. He was promoted to the Lancaster JetHawks in late June. Prior to the 2015 trade deadline, the Astros traded Nottingham and Daniel Mengden to the Oakland Athletics for Scott Kazmir. Oakland assigned him to the Stockton Ports, where he finished the season. In 119 total games between Quad City, Lancaster, and Stockton, Nottingham posted a .316 batting average with 17 home runs, 82 RBIs, and an .877 OPS.
In February 2016, the Athletics traded Nottingham and Bubba Derby to the Milwaukee Brewers for Khris Davis. Nottingham spent 2016 with the Biloxi Shuckers where he hit .234 with 11 home runs and 37 RBIs. After the season, the Brewers assigned Nottingham to the Salt River Rafters of the Arizona Fall League. Nottingham returned to Biloxi in 2017 where he struggled, batting only .209 with nine home runs and 48 RBIs in 101 games. The Brewers added him to their 40-man roster after the 2017 season.
Nottingham began the 2018 season with the Colorado Springs Sky Sox of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League. The Brewers promoted him to the major leagues on April 16. He began the 2019 season in AAA with the San Antonio Missions. He was recalled from AAA on May 16th. On May 17th in a game against the Atlanta Braves, he hit his first career home run.
- "Nottingham can give Astros catching depth". Houston Astros. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- "Nottingham looking to become 'all-around catcher' for the Bandits". Quad-Cities Online. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- Steve Batterson. "Bandits' Nottingham finding strength in his offense". The Quad-City Times. Retrieved July 6, 2015.
- Dykstra, Sam (July 23, 2015). "A's get Nottingham, Mengden for Kazmir: Former Astros prospects were thriving at Class A, Class A Advanced". MiLB.com.
- Tom Haudricourt. "Brewers trade Khris Davis to Athletics for catching prospect, pitcher". Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "Jacob Nottingham Stats, Highlights, Bio - MiLB.com Stats - The Official Site of Minor League Baseball". milb.com. Retrieved December 19, 2017.
- McCalvy, Adam (January 20, 2016). "Brewers add 4 prospects to 40-man roster | Milwaukee Brewers". M.brewers.mlb.com. Retrieved April 17, 2018.
- Hoehn, Jim (January 20, 2016). "Brewers call up prospect Jacob Nottingham". MLB.com. Retrieved April 17, 2018.