|Kagoshima Prefecture, Japan|
|Shimazu Tadayoshi, Shimazu Takahisa|
The date of the castle's construction is unknown, but it is believed that the castle was built by Shimazu Hisanaga in the thirteenth century. It was the original seat of power for the Shimazu clan until 1536, when Shimazu Takahisa relocated the clan leadership to Ichiuji Castle. It was famously the birthplace of the warlords Shimazu Tadayoshi, Shimazu Yoshihisa and Shimazu Yoshihiro.
Map of Izaku Castle
Earthen wall of Kamemaru jo compound
- "伊作城" (in Japanese). かごぶら. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "日本の城がわかる事典「伊作城」の解説". kotobank. Retrieved 13 November 2021.
- "伊作城" (in Japanese). 攻城団. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "国史跡 伊作城" (in Japanese). 南さつま観光. Archived from the original on 5 August 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "伊作城跡" (in Japanese). じゃらん. Retrieved 25 July 2019.