Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?...Ek Baar Phir
Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon? Ek Baar Phir (transl. What shall I name this love? Once again) is an Indian romantic drama television series that aired from 26 August 2013 to 13 June 2015 on Star Plus. It starred Avinash Sachdev and Shrenu Parikh as Shlok Agnihotri and Aastha Agnihotri.
|Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?...Ek Baar Phir|
|Created by||Star Plus|
|Directed by||Waseem Sabir|
|Creative director(s)||Shikha Vij|
|Theme music composer||Lalit Sen|
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||542|
|Executive producer(s)||Karnika Saxena|
|Running time||21 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Sphere Origins|
|Original network||Star Plus|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||26 August 2013 –|
13 June 2015
|Preceded by||Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?|
|Followed by||Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon 3|
Aastha is a middle-class, open-minded girl who values relationships and stands up for what is right. Shlok Agnihotri, on the other hand, is the son of rich businessman, Niranjan Agnihotri, and believes in wealth more than in relationships. He has a miserable past which makes him hate women, his own mother, Anjali, in particular. Shlok mistakenly believes Aastha to be responsible for the insult of his father and decides to take revenge.
Shlok marries Aastha on false pretenses and reveals to her that he never loved her. He threatens her that if she reveals this to anyone he'd have her father framed in a case of corruption. Meanwhile Shlok's mother, Anjali, is very strict and attempts to transform Aastha into an obedient daughter-in-law. Aastha's father is arrested; she blames Shlok and files for divorce. Aastha is ordered by the Court to stay with Shlok for six months during which she realizes that he is a good person. She discovers that he was in love with a girl named Swati but their break-up led to his misogyny.
Aditi, the daughter of a close friend of Niranjan's, tries to kill Aastha but Shlok saves Aastha. Aditi abducts Aastha but Shlok rescues her just as Aditi is about to shoot her. Aditi reveals that she is Swati's sister, Gayatri, and came to ruin Shlok whom she blames for Swati's paralysis. Shlok is shocked to see Swati who soon passes away as her health deteriorates. He and Aastha realise their love and consummate their marriage.
Shlok's sister, Jyoti, runs away from her abusive husband Abhay, and mother-in-law who are trying to kill her unborn baby. She meets the charming Siddharth who happens to be Aastha's cousin. Siddharth takes care of Jyoti and they fall in love. Aastha asks Jyoti to file a case against Abhay. Jyoti gives birth to a baby girl and later Jyoti and Siddharth marry. Meanwhile, Shlok's brother, Varad, has an extramarital affair with Mansi hurting his wife Sojal and daughter Kavya.
Aastha discovers that Niranjan is an abusive husband who has been controlling his wife. She witnesses Anjali being beaten and decides to expose his true nature. Afraid, Niranjan starts creating misunderstandings between her and Shlok. Angered by Aastha's accusations, Shlok divides the house and asks her to live in one part where she is soon joined by Anjali and eventually by Varad's wife Sojal and his daughter Kavya. Jyoti supports Aastha after finding out her father's abusive nature. Aastha convinces Varad to end his affair. Shlok finally discovers his father's truth and is heartbroken. He apologises to Anjali and accept her as his mother. The next day Shlok, Anjali and Aastha leave Agnihotri Mansion. Shlok and Aastha start earning a living running a food truck and living modestly in a chawl. Niranjan becomes lonely, realises his mistakes and regrets his actions.
Varad foolishly signs a contract with Indrajeet Sarkar and the Agnihotris lose their house. Niranjan soon realizes his mistakes and is desperate to find Shlok. When he meets with Shlok, Aastha, and Anjali, he apologizes to them and is forgiven. Varad also realises his mistakes and asks for forgiveness. The reunited Agnihotri family live together in a small house.
Aastha and Shlok disguise themselves as Sapna and Balvankar Singh/Ballu to get their wealth back. Sapna works as Indrajeet's assistant and Ballu works his children's caretaker. Indrajeet falls in love with Sapna and she uses his trust in her to have him sign over the property back to the Agnihotris. On the day they get their wealth back, the Sarkar’s reveal a shocking truth to the Agnihotri’s which leaves Anjali heartbroken. Soon Aastha, Shlok and Anjali meet in an accident in which Anjali dies, Shlok goes into coma and Aastha loses her memory. Taking advantage of her memory loss, Indrajeet leads Aastha to believe that he is her husband. When Shlok wakes up from the coma he finally meets Aastha who is unable to recognise him, leaving Shlok heartbroken. Shlok begins to re-create previous events and befriends Aastha to get close to her and try to regain her memory, angering Indrajeet. He has Shlok abducted. On the day of her wedding to Indrajeet, Aastha's mother Kalindi helps her remember and she manages to warn Varad about Shlok's abduction. Shlok rescues Aastha in time and Indrajeet is arrested. Shlok and Aastha adopt Indrajeet's children and live happily together.
- Avinash Sachdev as Shlok Agnihotri - Niranjan and Anjali’s son, Aastha’s husband (2013–2015)
- Shrenu Parikh as Aastha Agnihotri - Avdhoot and Kalindi’s daughter, Shlok’s wife (2013–2015)
- Manish Wadhwa as Niranjan Agnihotri - Anjali’s husband, Shlok’s father (2013–2015)
- Geetanjali Tikekar as Anjali Agnihotri - Niranjan’s wife, Shlok’s mother (2013–15)
- Samir Sharma as Varad Agnihotri - Shlok's brother, Sojal's husband (2013–2015)
- Shalmalee Desai as Sojal Agnihotri - Varad's wife (2013–2015)
- Grace Girdhar as Kavya Agnihotri - Varad & Sojal's daughter (2013–2015)
- Sachin Parikh as Vinayak Agnihotri - (2013–2014)
- Tushar Dalvi as Avdhoot Kirlosker - Kalindi’s husband, Aastha’s father (2013-2015)
- Prachi Shah as Kalindi Kirlosker - Avdhoot’s wife, Aastha’s mother (2013-2015)
- Minal Karpe as Ajju - Aastha's grandmother, Avdhoot's mother (2013-2015)
- Kabeer Maira as Ankush Joshi - Kalindi's son, Aastha's half-brother (2014-2015)
- Ankit Modgil as Siddharth Lokhande - Jyoti's second husband (2014–2015)
- Sheetal Dabholkar as Jyoti Lokhande - Shlok's sister, Siddharth's wife (2013–2015)
- Nupur Alankar as Renuka Lokhande - Siddharth's mother (2014–2015)
- Sharmin Kazi as Riya Lokhande - Siddharth's sister
- Deep Jaitley as Abhay Deshmukh - Jyoti's ex-husband (2013–2014)
- Pratibha Goregaonkar as Sulbha Deshmukh (2013–2014)
- Manjushree Kulkarni as Jaya (2013–2015)
- Neha Sargam as Aditi/Gayatri - Swati's sister, Shlok & Aastha's enemy (2014)
- Shivani Tomar as Swati -Shlok's first love
- Anchal Sabharwal as Mansi -Varad's ex-girlfriend (2014)
- Karan Gangwal as Suresh - Shlok's assistant (2013-2014)
- Aakshi Khari as Apsara (2014–2015)
- Anjuman Saxena as Nani
- Aarav Chowdhary as Indrajeet Sarkar - Agnihotri Family's enemy (2015)
- Dolly Minhas as Ahilya Vinas (2015)
- Roma Bali as Kavita Sarkar (2015)
- Swati Rajput as Poornima Sarkar, Indrajeet's sister (2015)
- Lakshya Wahi as Shantanu Sarkar, Indrajeet's son (2015)
- Reet Sharma as Mishti Sarkar, Indrajeet's daughter (2015)
- Satish Sharma as Pradeep Vinas, Indrajeet's Mama ji (2015)
- Jaanvi Sangwan as Mousami Vinas, Indrajeet's Mami ji (2015)
Awards and nominations
|2014||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor In Negative Role (Male)||Manish Wadhwa||Nominated|||
|Best Stylist (Jury)||Tara Desai||Nominated|||
|Best Dialogues (Jury)||Ritesh Shah||Nominated|
|Language||Channel||Show Name !|
|Hindi language original||StarPlus||Is Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir|
|Kannada language remake||Suvarna TV||Kushi|
|Malayalam language dub||Asianet Plus||MounamSammatham|
|Sinhala remake||Shakti TV||Wassane Premaya|
|Armenian dub||Armenia TV||Ինչ կոչել այս սերը 2|
|Russian language dub||Russian TV||как назвать эту любовь? 2|
|Indonesian dub||SCTV||Astha & Shlok / Inikah Cinta?|
|Turkish dub||Kanal 7||Tatli bela|
|English dub||StarPlus UK||Is Pyar Ko Kya Naam Doon Ek Baar Phir|
|Telugu dub||Star Maa||Geetha Govindam|
Jaskiran Kapoor of the Indian Express has stated that Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon?... Ek Baar Phir ... got good TRP Ratings even though at an early timeslot of 6PM, the actors replicated the success of [season 1]" The shows rise in the TRP made 6 PM the new prime time for daily soaps.
The series inspired several multilingual reruns including, Malayalam as Mounam Sammatham 2, Turkish as Tatlı Bela, Indonesian as Inikah Cinta, Armenian as Inchpes Kochel Ays Sere 2, Russian as как назвать эту любовь? 2. Its Telugu dub, Geetha Govindam, airs on Star Maa. It started reairing on Star Utsav Since 4 November 2019 at Time Slot Of 1-2pm in afternoon.
- "Iss Pyaar K". Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "Episodes TOI". Times of India. Retrieved 28 January 2015.
- Second season of Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon – Daily Bhaskar
- Had no idea it was a sequel: Avinash on `Iss Pyaar Ko... 2`
- I'm Hero-Cum-Villain Of 'Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon..Ek Baar Phir': Avinash Sachdev - Oneindia
- "Winners". Tellyawards. Retrieved 24 December 2014.
- Review: Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, Ek Baar Phir, just another love story – Indian Express