Islamic Society of Engineers
The Islamic Society of Engineers (ISE) (Persian: جامعهٔ اسلامی مهندسین, Jāme'-e eslāmī-ye mohandisīn) is a principlist political organization of engineers in Iran. Formerly one of the parties aligned with the Combatant Clergy Association, it is close to the Islamic Coalition Party, whose decisions they mostly follow. It is questionable whether it is an independent and strong party.
|Secretary-General||Mohammad Reza Bahonar|
|Legalised||May 28, 1991|
|National affiliation||Front of Followers of the Line of the Imam and the Leader|
The Society was formed at the end of the Iran–Iraq War (1988) with the objective of elevating the Islamic, political, scientific and technical knowledge of the Muslim people of Iran, defending major freedoms such as freedom of expression and gatherings, as well as continued campaign against foreign cultural agents whether Eastern or Western materialism.
- Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, the sixth President of Iran, was an active member since its establishment but turned against the party after presidency.
- Mohammad Reza Bahonar, current Secretary-General and former Deputy Speaker of the Parliament of Iran
- Manouchehr Mottaki, former Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Mohammad Nazemi Ardakani, former Minister of Cooperatives
|Mohammad Reza Bahonar||2000–|
- Parliament members
- Mohammad Ali Zandi. "Islamic Society of Engineers" (in Persian). Baqir al-Ulum Research Center. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "List of Legally Registered Parties in Iran". Khorasan Newspaper. Pars Times. July 30, 2000. p. 4. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- Asayesh, Hossein; Halim, Adlina Ab.; Jawan, Jayum A.; Shojaei, Seyedeh Nosrat (March 2011). "Political Party in Islamic Republic of Iran: A Review". Journal of Politics and Law. Canadian Center of Science and Education. 4 (1): 221–230. ISSN 1913-9047.
- "واژه نامه جریان های فعال در انتخابات ریاست جمهوری ایران - BBC Persian" (in Persian). BBC Persian. 13 June 2013. Retrieved 21 August 2015.
- "ترکیب جدید جامعه اسلامی مهندسین مشخص شد/ خروج نبوی و غفوریفرد و ورود زاهدی به جمع مهندسان سیاسی+ مروری بر سوابق اعضای شورای مرکزی مهندسان سیاسی" (in Persian). Khabaronline. 2 July 2012. Retrieved 11 July 2016.