Iranians in Germany
This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2008) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Iranians in Germany include immigrants from Iran to Germany as well as their descendants of Iranian heritage or background. Iranians in Germany are referred to by hyphenated terms such as German-Iranians, Iranian-German, German-Persian, or Persian-German. Similar terms Iranisch Deutsch and Persisches Deutsch, may be found in Germanophone media. In 2017, Federal Statistical Office of Germany (Destatis) estimates that 197,000 people of Iranian background live in Germany. 
|??? (German citizens) |
114,125 (Iranian citizens without German citizenship)
|Regions with significant populations|
|Hamburg, Berlin, Frankfurt am Main, Essen, Cologne, Düsseldorf, Bonn, Münster|
|mostly: German, Persian |
rarely: Sorani Kurdish
very rarely: Armenian, Azerbaijani, Luri (See languages of Iran)
|Shia Islam, Christianity, Sunni Islam, Judaism, Bahá'í Faith, Zoroastrianism, various others|
Nowadays, most Iranian-Germans have German and Iranian citizenship (multiple nationality). Iran almost never frees its citizens from their Iranian citizenship (see Article 989 Iran. Civil Code ), which is inherited through the father (or descent). The still existing German-Iranian agreement of 1929  regulates in no. II of the Final Protocol that government approval is required prior to the naturalization of nationals of the other State.
Notable Iranians in GermanyEdit
- "Ausländische Bevölkerung in den Jahren 2011 bis 2018" (PDF). statista (in German).
- van den Bos & Achbari 2007, p. 171
- Lindert et al. 2008, p. 581
- Ghorashi 2002, pp. 141, 182
- "First Documentary on "Hayedeh, Legendary Persian Diva"", Payvand News, 5 January 2009, retrieved 2009-08-20
- "Nederlandse Iraniër zit gevangen in Syrië", De Volkskrant, 20 May 2006, retrieved 2009-06-01
- "Executie verijdeld van Iraanse Nederlander", De Volkskrant, 30 June 2003, retrieved 2009-06-01
- "Iraniërs debatteren in 'Tehrangeles' – daar wel", Volkskrant, 15 January 2009, retrieved 2009-01-15
- Bevölkerung in Privathaushalten nach Migrationshintergrund im engeren Sinne nach ausgewählten Herkunftsländern
- "Migranten und Migrantinnen - Demografiebericht 2010 Düsseldorf" (PDF). düsseldorf.de. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- "Einbürgerung doppelte Staatsbürgerschaft (Hessen, 2000)". bagiv.de. Retrieved 15 May 2019.
- Iranian Civil Code. On UNHCR-Website: "The Civil Code of Iran" published in Basic Document in Iranian Law, introduced and edited by Professor S. H. Amin. "Civil Code of the Islamic Republic of Iran" published by Alavi and Associates, Legal Counsels, Islamic Republic of Iran.
- Settlement Agreement between the German Reich and the Empire of Persia from 1929