Interstate 369 (Texas)
Interstate 369 (I-369) is a south–north Interstate spur route running through Northeast Texas. Once complete, the freeway will begin at an interchange with Interstate 69/U.S. Highway 84 east of Tenaha and head northward to Carthage, Marshall, Jefferson, and Atlanta before terminating at an interchange with I-49/US 59/US 71 north of Texarkana. For its entire length, I-369 will share its alignment with US 59.
I-369 highlighted in solid red; proposed corridor in pink
|Auxiliary route of I-69|
|Maintained by TxDOT|
|Length||3.5 mi (5.6 km)|
|Existed||September 23, 2013–present|
|Texarkana area segment|
|Length||3.5 mi (5.6 km)|
|South end||US 59 / SH 93 in Texarkana|
|North end||I-30 / US 59 in Texarkana|
At its November 15, 2012 meeting, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) approved a 118-mile-long (190 km) I-369, to connect I-69 in Tenaha to I-30 in Texarkana. The Federal Highway Administration approved the designation on May 24, 2013, and the Texas Transportation Commission followed suit on May 30, 2013. This action also finalized the designations of other Interstates in Texas. This action meant that the Texas Department of Transportation could commence the signing of I-369, as well as the other route segments cited, at their discretion. The signage was installed and revealed on September 23, 2013.
The status of the Texarkana to Tenaha segment is unfinished; it is currently only in the planning and development stage. The proposed route of I-369 is to go from Loop 151 in Texarkana, following US 59 to the junction of US 59/US 84/future I-69 in Tenaha. It may also be extended north from its current terminus at I-30 to a future interchange with Interstate 49 north of Texarkana.
All exits are unnumbered.
|Shelby||Tenaha||0.0||0.0||I-69 / US 59 / US 84 / US 96||Future southern terminus; northern terminus of US 96|
|Bowie||Texarkana||0.0||0.0||US 59 south / SH 93 north (Lake Drive) / Loop 151 east / FM 3527 (Leopard Drive) to US 71 – Shreveport||Southern end of US 59 concurrency; Continually south and east as Loop 151 and Texarkana Loop|
|1.0||1.6||Frontage Road||Southbound exit and northbound entrance|
|1.5||2.4||US 67 (7th Street)|
|2.2||3.5||Westlawn Drive – Wake Village|
|3.1||5.0||US 82 (New Boston Road)|
|3.6||5.8||FM 559 (Richmond Road)||Northbound exit and southbound entrance|
|3.8||6.1||I-30 / US 59 north – Little Rock, Dallas||Northern end of US 59 concurrency; I-30 exit 220A|
|FM 559 (Richmond Road)||Proposed|
|CR 2320 (Hush Puppy Road)||Proposed|
|I-49 – Ft. Smith, Shreveport||Proposed; future northern terminus of I-369 and future concurrency of Texarkana Loop|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- "Texarkana Freeway Added to Interstate 69 System" (Press release). Alliance for I-69 Texas. September 25, 2013. Retrieved October 25, 2013.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (n.d.). "Interstate Highway No. 369". Highway Designation Files. Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved June 2, 2014.
- Transportation Planning and Programming Division (2014). Texas County Mapbook (PDF) (Map) (2014 ed.). 1:120,000. Texas Department of Transportation. p. 521. Retrieved December 6, 2014.
- Special Committee on U.S. Route Numbering (November 16, 2012). "SCOH Report from Special Committee on U.S. Route Numbering Annual Meeting" (PDF) (Report). Washington, DC: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials. Archived (PDF) from the original on June 3, 2019. Retrieved June 3, 2013.
- Staff (May 30, 2013). "Interstate 69 Comes to Texarkana and the Valley" (Press release). Alliance for I-69 Texas. Retrieved May 31, 2013.
- Nino, Mark (May 31, 2013). "Texas Transportation Commission Approves Interstate 69 System". Brownsville, TX: KVEO-TV. Retrieved June 1, 2012.
- Texas Department of Transportation. "I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Route Study" (PDF). Texas Department of Transportation. Retrieved November 2, 2017.
- I-369 at AARoad's Interstate Guide