International Horror Guild Award
This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The International Horror Guild Award (also known as the IHG Award) was an accolade recognizing excellence in the field of horror/dark fantasy, presented by the International Horror Guild (IHG) from 1995 to 2008.
The IHG Awards were determined by a jury of notable horror/dark fantasy critics and reviewers, which has included Edward Bryant, Ann VanderMeer, Stefan Dziemianowicz, William Sheehan, Fiona Webster and Hank Wagner. Nomination suggestions were accepted from the public. The annual awards were usually announced during a special presentation at a convention or other event, and IHG Award presentations have been held at the World Fantasy Convention, the World Horror Convention and Dragon*Con.
Originally in the form of a "winged dog gargoyle" figure on a base, in 2002 the IHG Award was redesigned as a black, tombstone-shaped and free-standing plaque. The Living Legend Award had the same design, but in clear acrylic.
|Award Year||Presentation Date||Event||City||Location||Living Legend Honoree|
|1994||March 2–5, 1995||World Horror Convention||Atlanta||Sheraton Colony Square||Harlan Ellison|
|1995||May 9–12, 1996||World Horror Convention||Eugene||Valley River Inn||Clive Barker|
|1996||June 26-20, 1997||Dragon*Con||Atlanta||Hyatt Regency Atlanta||Edward W. Bryant|
|1997||September 4, 1998||Dragon*Con||Atlanta||Hyatt Regency Atlanta||Hugh B. Cave|
|1998||March 6, 1999||World Horror Convention||Atlanta||North Central Marriott Hotel||Ray Bradbury|
|1999||May 12, 2000||World Horror Convention||Denver||Adam's Mark Hotel||Richard Matheson|
|2000||September 1, 2001||Dragon*Con||Atlanta||Hyatt Regency Ballroom||Alice Cooper|
|2001||April 13, 2002||World Horror Convention||Chicago||Radisson O'Hare||William F. Nolan|
|2002||May 23, 2003||Announced via press release||Charles L. Grant|
|2003||April 10, 2004||World Horror Convention||Phoenix||Embassy Suites North Phoenix||Stephen King & E. F. Bleiler|
|2004||November 3, 2005||World Fantasy Convention||Madison||Madison Concourse Hotel||Gahan Wilson|
|2005||November 2, 2006||World Fantasy Convention||Austin||Renaissance Hotel||Chelsea Quinn Yarbro|
|2006||November 1, 2007||World Fantasy Convention||Saratoga Springs||Saratoga Hotel||Ramsey Campbell|
|2007||October 31, 2008||Announced via press release||Peter Straub|
- "What is the IHG?". HorrorAward.org. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "IHG Award Recipients 1994-2006". HorrorAward.org. Archived from the original on September 5, 2014. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "IHG Award Recipients 2007". HorrorAward.org. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "The Award". HorrorAward.org. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "International Horror Guild Awards (1994–2006)". HorrorAward.org. Archived from the original on September 5, 2014. Retrieved October 29, 2014.
- "WHC2000's Location and Hotel". World Horror Convention. Archived from the original on January 6, 2001. Retrieved October 30, 2014.
- "WHC 2004: Hotel". World Horror Convention. 2004. Retrieved October 30, 2004.
- "Final IHG Awards Announced". International Horror Guild. October 31, 2008. Retrieved October 30, 2014.