Indeed is an American worldwide employment-related search engine for job listings launched in November 2004. It is a subsidiary of Japan's Recruit Co. Ltd. and is co-headquartered in Austin, Texas and Stamford, Connecticut with additional offices around the world. As a single-topic search engine, it is also an example of vertical search. Indeed is currently available in over 60 countries and 28 languages. In October 2010, Indeed.com passed Monster.com to become the highest-traffic job website in the United States.
Type of site
|Job search engine|
|Headquarters||Austin, Texas, U.S.|
Stamford, Connecticut, U.S.
|Founder(s)||Paul Forster |
|Alexa rank||167 (June 2018[update])|
The site aggregates job listings from thousands of websites, including job boards, staffing firms, associations, and company career pages. They generate revenue by selling premium job posting and resume features to employers and companies hiring. In 2011, Indeed began allowing job seekers to apply directly to jobs on Indeed's site and offering resume posting and storage.
Indeed was co-founded by Paul Forster and Rony Kahan in 2004 in both Austin, Texas and Stamford, Connecticut. The Stamford offices house the company's sales, client services, finance and human resources teams while the product development staff is based in Austin.
In 2005, Indeed launched their beta version of what they refer to as "pay-per-click job advertising network". In addition to searching job postings, it also allows the occurrence of words therein to be plotted over time, ostensibly as an indicator of trends in the job markets. The company took an investment round of $5 million in funding from Union Square Ventures, The New York Times and Allen & Company.
- "Indeed.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved June 22, 2016.
- "Indeed announces plans for several hundred new Stamford jobs". StamfordAdvocate. Retrieved January 20, 2018.
- "Indeed Slips Past Monster, Now Largest Job Site By Unique Visitors". Retrieved December 9, 2010.
- Jack (October 5, 2019). "8 Alternatives to Indeed | Job Search | Bagsy". Retrieved October 5, 2019.
- "New Feature: Indeed Apply". Resfly Blog. Resfly. Archived from the original on February 23, 2012. Retrieved February 21, 2012.
- Zappe, John (September 14, 2011). "Indeed Makes it Official and Launches Resume Search". ere.net. Retrieved January 12, 2014.
- "Founders". InternetInc.com. Retrieved August 23, 2014.
- Baker, Loren (May 16, 2006). "Indeed.com Launches Job Search PPC Advertising Network". Search Engine Journal. Retrieved April 9, 2008.
- Shontell, Alyson (September 25, 2012). "Indeed, An Almost Entirely Bootstrapped Job Search Giant, Gets A Monster Exit". Business Insider. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- "Indeed Announces Acquisition by Recruit Co. Ltd". Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Indeed owner Recruit Holdings confirms acquisition of Simply Hired". Techchrunch. Retrieved July 1, 2016.