This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2021)
This article may contain wording that promotes the subject through exaggeration of unnoteworthy facts. (August 2021)
Simply Hired is an employment website utilizing desktop and mobile application for an online recruitment advertising network based in Sunnyvale, California. The company was launched in 2003. In 2016, Recruit Holdings Co., Ltd. (owner of Indeed.com, a Simply Hired competitor), purchased Simply Hired.
Type of site
|Available in||Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Spanish, Swedish, Russian|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, US|
The company aggregates job listings from thousands of websites and job boards. It then advertises those jobs on its website and mobile app. Job seekers search job listings on Simply Hired by keyword and location to find jobs of interest. Employers can gain premium placement in the listings by advertising in a pay-per-click (PPC) model.
Investors sank a total of US$33.1 million into Simply Hired between 2005 and 2014:
- 2005: US$3 million in Series-C funding from Guy Kawasaki, Dave McClure, Ron Conway, Garage Technology Ventures, and others.
- 2006: US$13.5 million in series-C funding from News Corp.'s Fox Interactive Media division and Foundation Capital.
- 2009: US$4.6 million in Series-D funding from IDG Ventures and Foundation Capital.
- 2014: US$12M Series-E funding from City National Bank, IDG Ventures, and Foundation Capital.
Services for job seekers include job search, resume upload, custom profiles, email alerts, a company directory, trending companies from its Employer Brand Index, job search advice, and local information in the United States.
Awards and recognitionEdit
- Simply Hired won an award for Excellence in Technology in 2014 by Brandon Hall in the Best Advance in Talent Acquisition Technology category.
- In 2013, Simply Hired was ranked #3 on Forbes’ "Top 10 Best Websites for Your Career" list.
- Simply Hired was awarded as one of PC Mag's Best Job Search Websites in 2013 and 2014.
- Simply Hired was ranked #6 on Forbes list of 35 Most Influential Career Sites for 2014.
- Youtern selected the Simply Hired blog for its "Top 50 Blogs for Young Careerists: 2014" list.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Indeed owner Recruit Holdings confirms acquisition of Simply Hired". Techchrunch. Retrieved July 1, 2016.
- Marshall, Matt (January 24, 2007). "Simply Hired scores $3 million, continues buzz". Silicon Beat. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- Arrington, Michael (April 18, 2006). "Simply Hired raises $13.5M".
- Lombardi, Candace (June 1, 2006). "MySpace partners with Simply Hired". CNET. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- Duan, Mary (August 11, 2009). "Simply Hired raises $4.6M in 4th round".
- Levine, Barry (January 24, 2007). "Simply Hired simply scores a funding round of $12M". ventureBeat. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- Hill, Sharon (November 19, 2014). "Simply Hired offers content-related job listings". AimGroup.com. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- McGraw, Mark (May 7, 2014). "Simply Hired offers content-related job listings". Human Resource Executive. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "Brandon Hall". Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- Adams, Susan (September 8, 2013). "10 Best Websites for Your Career 2013". Forbes. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "The Best Job Search Websites & Apps". PC Mag. May 22, 2014. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- Sundheim, Ken (December 18, 2013). "35 Of The Most Influential Career Sites For 2014". Forbes. Retrieved April 23, 2015.
- "YouTern's Top 50 Blogs for Young Careerists: 2014". Youtern. July 9, 2014. Retrieved April 23, 2015.