Ina Forrest (born 25 May 1962) is a wheelchair curler selected to be second for Canada's team[n 1] at the 2010 and 2014 Winter Paralympics, winning a gold medal on both occasions. She has also won a gold medal 3 times in the World Wheelchair Curling Championships, in 2009, 2011, and 2013. She was inducted into the Canadian Curling Hall of Fame in February 2016. She is a member of the Vernon Curling Club in Vernon, British Columbia.
|Born||May 25, 1962|
Early curling careerEdit
She started wheelchair curling in 2004, and won silver in both the 2004 and 2005 Canadian National Wheelchair Curling Championships as a member of the British Columbia wheelchair curling team, before being named in 2006 to the Canadian Wheelchair Curling Team[n 1] for whom she has since competed, as of 2018, in the next 9 World Wheelchair Curling Championships (starting in 2007) and the next 3 Winter Paralympics (starting in 2010).
|Gold||Wheelchair curling||2010||Canada Vancouver|
|Gold||Wheelchair curling||2014||Russia Sochi|
|Bronze||Wheelchair curling||2018||South Korea Pyeongchang|
|World Wheelchair Curling Championships|
|4||Wheelchair curling||2007||Sweden Sollefteå|
|4||Wheelchair curling||2008||Switzerland Sursee|
|Gold||Wheelchair curling||2009||Canada Vancouver|
|Gold||Wheelchair curling||2011||Czech Republic Prague|
|7||Wheelchair curling||2012||South Korea Chuncheon|
|Gold||Wheelchair curling||2013||Russia Sochi|
|6||Wheelchair curling||2015||Finland Lohja|
|7||Wheelchair curling||2016||Switzerland Lucerne|
|5||Wheelchair curling||2017||South Korea Pyeongchang|
|10||Wheelchair curling||2017||Scotland Stirling|
|Silver||Wheelchair curling||2020||Switzerland Wetzikon|
She and her husband Curtis are small business owners. They have three children: Evany, Marlon and Connor.
- "Ina Forrest | Canadian Paralympic Committee". Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- Vernon Morning Star[permanent dead link]
- "Rules and Regulations". World Curling Federation. Archived from the original on 12 March 2010. Retrieved 19 March 2018.
R13. WHEELCHAIR CURLING ... (h) For WCF wheelchair competitions, each on-ice team must have four players delivering stones and must be comprised of both genders at all times during games. A team violating this rule will forfeit the game.(The quote is from pages 20 and 21 of the pdf file The_Rules_of_Curling_(October_2017).pdf which can be downloaded from the afore-mentioned website.)
- "Wheelchair Curling – Mixed – Competition Summary" (PDF). International Paralympic Committee. 15 March 2018. Retrieved 15 March 2018.
- "World Wheelchair Curling Championship 2012 Medal Games". World Curling Federation. 25 February 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
WWhCC 2012 - Final Standings: ... 7. Canada 3-6* ... * teams are ranked according to their win-loss record against each other at the event.
- "World Wheelchair Curling Championship 2015". World Curling Federation. 2015. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
Standings ... 6.Canada
- Ina Forrest at the Canadian Paralympic Committee
- Ina Forrest at Paralympic.org
- Ina Forrest at World Curling Federation
- Ina Forrest at CurlingZone
- Profile at the Official Website for the 2010 Winter Paralympics in Vancouver