|Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria from Anambra South Senatorial District|
|Assumed office |
24 February, 2019
|Preceded by||Andy Uba|
Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah
3 September 1971
Childhood and educationEdit
Ifeanyi was born as the first son of seven children to Mr. & Mrs. Alphonsus Ubah in Otolo, a small town in Anambra State, Nigeria. Due to the inability of his parents to cater for the educational and material needs of their children, Ifeanyi dropped out of Premier academy, Lugbe, Abuja to learn trade at a young age. He has attended several local and international business courses and seminars in leadership and business management.
Ifeanyi became an exporter of motor tyres and spare parts majorly in West Africa including Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia and DR Congo before he expanded his business ventures in some countries in Europe including Belgium and the United Kingdom.
In 2001, he founded Capital Oil and Gas Limited. He is the founder of The Authority Newspaper, a Nigerian daily newspaper and also the owner of Ifeanyi Ubah F.C., a football club in the Nigeria Premier League, following its purchase as Gabros International Football Club.
In 2014, Ifeanyi Ubah lost at the 2014 Anambra gubernatorial election under the platform of the Labour Party. On 24 February 2019, Ifeanyi Ubah was declared winner of the Anambra South Senatorial elections under the platform of the Young Progressive Party (YPP).
Ifeanyi Ubah is married to Uchenna Ubah, a Business Administration graduate from Ahmadu Bello University in Nigeria, with whom they have 5 children. He also runs a foundation which is named after him; Ifeanyi Ubah Foundation.
A Federal Capital Territory High Court sitting in Kubwa, Abuja on Thursday, 11 April 2019, allegedly sacked him from the Senate based on a suit instituted against him by Mr. Obinna, Uzor had asked the Court to nullify the election of Ubah for allegedly submitting a forged National Examination Council certificate to contest the 23 February 2019 senatorial election. The court of Appeal in Abuja, on Thursday 19 March 2020, affirmed the election of Ifeanyi Ubah of the Young Progressive Party (YPP) as the senator representing Anambra South. 
- "Ifeanyi Ubah begs court to vacate freezing order on Capital Oil and Gas". Daily Post. 27 April 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Capital Oil boss, Ifeanyi Ubah, pledges to help end fuel scarcity". Premium Times. 27 April 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Agu, Zain (29 December 2017). "Top facts from the biography of Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah". Naija.ng – Nigeria news. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- "Biography of Dr. Ifeanyi Ubah, CEO Capital Oil and Gas". Records NG. 2 June 2015. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "THE MAN; PATRICK IFEANYI Chukwuebuka UBAH". Global News Nigeria. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Onikoyi, Ayo (28 January 2012). "Top oil magnates living it up". Vanguard Newspaper. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Elebeke, Emmanuel (18 October 2015). "Ifeanyi Ubah's newspaper, 'The Authority' goes daily". Vanguard Newspaper. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Samba: Six Brazilians on trial at Ifeanyi Ubah FC". P.M. News. 21 January 2016. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Adebowale, Segun (29 August 2013). "Ifeanyi Ubah emerges LP flag-bearer for Anambra guber election". The Eagle Newspaper. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- Newsroom (25 February 2019). "INEC Declares Ifeanyi Ubah Winner of Anambra South Senatorial Election". WIRED Nigeria. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- "Ifeanyi Ubah's victory: Court vindicates Returning Officer". Vanguard News. 5 April 2019. Retrieved 1 May 2019.
- Akhidenor, Victor (4 July 2015). "Ifeanyi Ubah – Nigerian football's new 'Sugar Daddy'". The Cable Newspaper. Retrieved 28 April 2016.
- "Ubah dismisses alleged sack from Senate". The Nation Latest Nigeria News, Nigerian Newspapers. 17 December 2019. Retrieved 11 February 2020.