Husayn Fawzi Alnajjar
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article can benefit from copy editing
Husayn Fawzi Al Najjar (Arabic: دحسين فوزي النجار; 16 November 1918 – 10 December 2003) was an Egyptian Historian, Political Scientist, Strategist, and Islamic scholar who made major contributions to the fields of history, political science, and strategy of the Middle East, having written more than 55 books on the subjects above.
Army Officer, Diplomat, EducatorEdit
Husayn Fawzi Al-Najjar was born on November 16, 1918 in Egypt. He was graduated in 1940 from Fu'ad Al Awwal University (now Cairo University), where he studied History. That same year, he graduated from the Royal Military College - Reserve Forces. His class of graduates were the first from the Reserve Forces to become army officers, as this Reserve Force system had just been introduced. He also attended the Institute of Journalism and the Institute of Education at Fuad Al Awal University.
From 1941–1942, he embarked on a career as an army officer and saw active service in both World War II and the 1948 Arab–Israeli War. (cite sources) From 1950 to 1954, he taught national history at the Royal Military College. In 1952, he played an active role in the Egyptian coup d’état. From 1954 to 1961, he undertook a diplomatic role and, on the recommendation of Defense Secretary Marshal Mohamed Ibrahim. He also became the Head of Media for the League of Arab States. He later became an adviser to the Ministry of Education.
In 1957, he completed his doctorate in journalism at Cairo University with first-class honors. At the same time he gained practical experience on the newspaper that had been founded by Ahmad Lutfi Al Sayyid, "Al Jarida." He was regarded as an authority on historical matters on this pioneering newspaper. He later wrote a well-known book, Lutfi al-Sayyid, the Teacher of a Generation (Lutfi al-Sayyid Ustadh al-Jil). He was a disciple of Ahmad Lutfi Al Sayyid and Muhammad Husayn Haykal, the latter recognizing the young Husayn Fawzi Al-Najjar as having the makings of an outstanding historian . Indeed, Haykal wrote the introduction to Husayn Fawzi Al Najjar's book "Policy And Strategy In The Middle East," (1950) regarding it as a pioneering work in that field. Al-Najjar was becoming a leading figure in the field of policy and strategy in the Middle East and was a Lecturer on those subjects in the Military Staff College until 1954.
In 1958, he was awarded a Post-doctorate Fellowship degree from Harvard University in Political Science.
Although he officially retired in 1973, Dr. Al Najjar carried on his teaching work at various institutions, including Cairo University and Al Azhar University. He was also a human rights advocate and a founding member of the first registered body for human rights in Egypt, Jam`iyyat Ansar Huquq al-Insan fi Misr. With a small number of like-minded intellectuals such as Tewfik Al Hakim and Yusif Al Sebaie, he also helped found the Writers' Union (Ittihad al Kuttab).
From 1994 until his death in 2003, Dr. Al Najjar suffered from a long illness that prevented him from continuing his scholarly work and activities.
Variation in spelling of Dr El Naggar's name
- Hussein, Husayn, Husain
- Fawzi, Fawzy
- El-Naggar, Al Najjar, Naggar, Najjar
Dr. Husayn Fawzi Alnajjar wrote over 55 books during his lifetime. As a critic and evaluator of the Islamic State concept, he wrote a number of books the best known being AL Islam wal Siyasah and Al Dawlah Wal Hukm Fi Al Islam For his theory on the Egyptian personality, he wrote Lutfi AL Sayid Wal Shakhsiya al Misriya. For his theory on history and biographies, he wrote Al Tarikh Wal Siyar published by Al Maktaba Al Thakafiya (Cairo 1963).His other books include :
- Al Isalm Wal Siyasah, published by Dar al Maarif, Cairo 1977
- Al Dawlah Wal Hukm fi al Isalm, published by Dar Al Huriyah, Cairo 1985
- al Islam wa falsafet al hadarah, published by dar al taa Awon, Cairo 1993
- Al Islam wal Dawalh al Asriyah, published Al Haiy,a Al Misriya al Ama Lil Kitab Cairo 1988
- Al Islam Wa Roh Al Asr, published by Dar al Maaref Liltebaa wal Nashr Cairo 1979.
- Policy and Strategy in the Middle East, published by Maktabet al Nahada al Misriyah, Cairo 1953
- Al Arab Wal Urubah, published by Maktabet Al Anglo Al Misriyah, Cairo 1984
- America Wal Alam, published by Maktabet Madbouli, Cairo 1986
- Asharq al Arabi Bayn Harbayn, published by Al Dar Al Kawmia Lil Tibaa wal Nashr, Cairo 1963
- Misr Fi al Muhit al Dawli, published by Ikhtarna liltalib series, Cairo 1963
- Al Fikr Al Siyasi Al Hadith, published by Dar Al KATEB al Araabi 1967,مكان النشر والناشر: القاهرة:دار الكاتب العربي للطباعة والنشر
تاريخ النشر: 1967 لنجار حسين فوزي—الفكر السياسي الحديث—Cairo 1970
- Petrol Al Arab, published by Ikhtarnah Lil Taleb series, Cairo 1960بترول العرب ( اخترنا للطالب )
بترول العرب ( اخترنا للطالب ) المؤلف: حسين فوزى النجارالناشر: كتب نادرة
- وحدة التاريخ العربي /Waḥdat al-tārīkh al-ʻArabīAuthorنجار، حسين فوزي. تأليف حسين فوزي النجار. ; Ḥusayn Fawzī Najjār
Publisher: مكتبة الأنجلو المصرية، [al-Qāhirah] : Maktabat al-Anjlū al-Miṣrīyah, [1964
- Ard al Miyad, published by Dar al Maaref, Cairo 1958
- Wa,ad Balfor, published by Ikhtarnah Lil Taleb series, Cairo 1960يتناول هذا الكتاب مضمون الخطاب الذي عرف بوعد بلفور
- Ma,a aAl Ahdath Fi Al Sharq Al Awsat 1946 TO 1956, published by Maktebet Al Kahira al Haditha, Cairo 1957
- Thawraton fi al Taalim, published by Maktabet Al Nahda Al Misriya, Cairo,195
- Rifāʻah al-Ṭahṭāwī : rāʼid fikr wa-imām nahḍah, published by: al-Dār al-Miṣrīyah lil-Taʼlīf wa-al-Tarjamah, 
- Aḥmad Luṭfī al-Sayyid : ustādh al-jīl 1965 الدار المصرية للتأليف والترجمة، [Cairo] : al-Dār al-Miṣrīyah lil-Taʼlīf wa-al-Tarjamah
- Luṭfī al-Sayyid wa-al-shakhṣīyah al-Miṣrīyah 1963[Cairo] : Maktabat al-Qāhirah al-Ḥadīthah
- Saʻd Zaghlūl : al-zaʻāmah wa-al-zaʻīm 1986[Cairo] : Maktabat Madbūlī
- Haykal wa-Ḥayāt Muḥammad, manhaj fī dirāsat al-tārīkh al-Islāmī 1965 al-Qāhirah : Maktabat al-Anglū al-Miṣrīyah
- al-Duktūr Haykal wa-tārīkh jīl, 1888-1956 [Cairo] : al-Hayʼah al-Miṣrīyah al-ʻĀmmah lil-Kitāb, 1988
- ʻAlī Mubārak : Abū al-taʻlīm,1967دار الكاتب العربي، al-Qāhirah : Dār al-Kātib al-ʻArabi 1967 دار الكاتب العربي، al-Qāhirah : Dār al-Kātib al-ʻArabī
- Mohamed Naguib Safhaton Men Tarikh Misr Al Muaser, published by Riyad Al Rayes London, 1990
- Mustafa Kamel Ra,ed Al Wataniya Haya AL Misriya lil Kitab, Cairo 1994
Kadat Al Fikr al dawli fi al karn al ishreen by kenneth Thomson published by Dar Al Marref 1980
Anne Sullivan Mu.alimati by Helen Keller published by Dar al Maaref cairo 195?هيلين كيلر- ( معلمتي آن سوليفان) - ترجمة الدكتور.فوزي حسين النجار - دار المعرفة - القاهرة،
Al Azhar Fi Alf Aam by Bayard Dodge published by Al Hayat al Misriya il Kitab Cairo 1994
Saatu Al Hasm by Kenneth Galbraith آراء في السياسة والاقتصاد /ساعة الحسم / تأليف جون كنيث جلبرت ؛ ترجمة حسين فوزي النجار. بيانات النشر القاهرة : دار النهضة العربية،published by dar al nahda al arabiaya Cairo 195
- Goldschmidt, Arthur (2000-01-01). Biographical Dictionary of Modern Egypt. Lynne Rienner Publishers. ISBN 9781555872298.
- Śāgîv, Dāwid. Fundamentalism and Intellectuals in Egypt: 1973-1993. pp. 78–79. Retrieved 23 May 2013.