Hum Paanch (film)
Hum Paanch (English: We Five) is a 1980 Hindi language action film directed by Bapu and produced by Boney Kapoor. The film features a huge all-star cast including Sanjeev Kumar, Shabana Azmi, Mithun Chakraborty, Nasiruddin Shah, Raj Babbar, Gulshan Grover and Amrish Puri.
|Produced by||Boney Kapoor|
S. K. Films Enterprises
|Screenplay by||Mullapudi Venkata Ramana|
|Based on||Paduvaaralli Pandavaru|
S. P. Balasubrahmanyam
|Edited by||Kamlakar Karkhanis|
Essel Studios, Mumbai
Mehboob Studios, Mumbai
|Distributed by||Eros International|
Shemaroo Video Pvt. Ltd.
The movie was Boney Kapoor's maiden venture as a producer. A young Anil Kapoor, who is producer Boney Kapoor's brother has a cameo appearance. This film is a remake of 1978 Kannada film Paduvaaralli Pandavaru, directed by renowned director Puttanna Kanagal which was also remade by Bapu earlier in Telugu as Mana Voori Pandavulu (1978). The film was distributed by noted distributor R. N. Mandre. . The movie was an adaptation of the Mahabharata, fit to a rural scenario with some hints to the various clashes between the Pandavas and the Kauravas and to the characters in the epic.
- Mithun Chakraborty as Bhima
- Sanjeev Kumar as Krishna
- Shabana Azmi as Sundariya
- Naseeruddin Shah as Suraj
- Anil Kapoor
- Raj Babbar as Arjun
- Deepti Naval as Lajiya
- Gulshan Grover as Mahavir
- Amrish Puri as Vir Pratap Singh
- Aruna Irani as Nishi
- A. K. Hangal as Pandit
- Geeta Siddharth as Vir Pratap's Sister
- Uday Chandra as Swaroop
- Roopesh Kumar as Vijay
- C. S. Dubey
- Jugal Kishore
- Kanhaiyalal as Lala Nainsukh Prasad Srivastav
- Kalpana Iyer as Cameo, in song "Aiye Meherban"
- Leena Das as Cameo, in song "Aiye Meherban"
- Phiroza Cooper as Cameo, in song "Aiye Meherban"
- Sujata Bakshi as Cameo, in song "Aiye Meherban"
- Director – Bapu
- Story – S. R. Puttanna Kanagal
- Screenplay – Mullapudi Venkata Ramana
- Dialogue – Rahi Masoom Reza, Vinay Shukla
- Producer – Surinder Kapoor, Boney Kapoor
- Production Company – S. K. Films Enterprises
- Cinematographer – Sharad Kadwe
- Editor – Kamlakar Karkhanis
- Art Director – M. S. Shinde
- Costume Designer – Mrs. Kamal Bakshi, Prem Suri
- Action Director – Veeru Devgan
- Choreographer – Kamal Kumar
- Soundtrack – Polydor (now Universal Music India Limited)
|1.||"Hum Paanch Pandav"||Shailendra Singh, Amit Kumar, Anwar, Suresh Wadekar||4:49|
|2.||"Ka Jaanu Main"||Amit Kumar, Lata Mangeshkar||5:15|
|3.||"Kya Kahiye Bhagwan Se"||Mohammad Rafi||2:31|
|4.||"Aapno Se Munh Mod Ke"||Mohammad Rafi||1:43|
|5.||"Aati Hai Palki"||Mahendra Kapoor, Kishore Kumar||6:21|
|6.||"Aaiye Meharban"||Usha Uthup||5:36|
|7.||"Dheere Chal Zara"||Mohammad Rafi||5:11|
|8.||"Ye Soye Insaan"||Mohammad Rafi||1:45|
The film was a super hit and sixteenth highest-grossing movie of 1980.