This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009)
Highland Park Community College, formerly Highland Park Junior College, was a public community college located in Highland Park, Michigan. Highland Park Community College was an urban campus and the focus of many efforts to benefit urban populations.
|Highland Park Junior College|
|Type||Junior (1918 - ?)|
Community (? - 1996)
Robert Elmes bought the campus for $18,000.
Among the alumni of Highland Park Community College is Michigan State Senator Martha G. Scott as well as Detroit activist General Baker, Jr., and Radio Announcer, Karla Fox formerly of WJZZ/WCHB, Smooth Jazz V-98.7, Mix 92.3, WJLB, Radio One and other Broadcast Companies.
- Foley, Aaron (February 2, 2012). "From state-of-the-art to state takeover: The rise and fall of Highland Park Public Schools". mlive.com. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Highland Park Community College's Ford Foundation Urban Transfer Project
- Michigan Colleges that have Closed, Merged, Changed Names Archived 2013-08-12 at the Wayback Machine
- "WHPR-FM 88.1 Highland Park". Station Listings. michiguide.com. Retrieved 2 February 2012.
- Higher Learning Commission
- Sarnecki-Walsh, Peggy (1996-11-22). "Community college gets new life steering students to careers: Second chances". Detroit Free Press. p. 3B. - clipping from Newspapers.com.
- Reindl, JC (2019-01-28). "Entrepreneur's big vision for empty Highland Park schools may die". Detroit Free Press. Retrieved 2021-06-17.
- "Oretta Mae Todd, Ph.D". Archived from the original on 2008-06-22. Retrieved 2008-06-20.
- "Senator Martha Scott". Archived from the original on 2007-11-01. Retrieved 2008-06-20.