Hidden Hills, California
Hidden Hills is a city and gated community in Los Angeles County, California. It is located next to the city of Calabasas and is located in the west of San Fernando Valley. It is notable for being home to many actors and celebrities.
|Hidden Hills, California|
|General law city|
|City of Hidden Hills|
Location of Hidden Hills in Los Angeles County, California.
|Country||United States of America|
|Incorporated||October 19, 1961|
|• Mayor||Stuart E. Siegel|
|• Total||1.69 sq mi (4.37 km2)|
|• Land||1.69 sq mi (4.37 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|• Estimate (2016)||1,925|
|• Density||1,139.73/sq mi (440.16/km2)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC)|
|Area codes||747 and 818|
Geography and historyEdit
The community was designed and developed in the 1950s by A.E. Hanson, a renowned Southern California landscape architect and planned community developer. His earlier projects included Rolling Hills and Palos Verdes Estates, and the 1920s Beverly Hills Harold Lloyd Estate 'Greenacres.' It is a gated residential community with a total all land area of 1.7 square miles (4.4 km2). An elementary school is publicly accessible at one of the three gates to the community. The city has a summer camp for children, community and children's theatre programs, annual parades, carnivals, parties, welcome wagon, snow days, and weekly community-wide barbecues all summer long.
Hidden Hills is bordered on the north by the nature reserve and greenbelt of the Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Open Space Preserve, a park with miles of equestrian, hiking, and mountain biking trails. Nearby to the south is the pioneer Leonis Adobe National Historic Landmark, with gardens and a historical Museum. It's across the historic El Camino Real of the Spanish Las Californias and Mexican Alta California eras, now U.S. Route 101.
The city was the setting of a short-lived NBC sitcom called Hidden Hills, which aired in 2002–2003.
As of the census of 2000, there were 1,875 people, 568 households, and 506 families residing in the city. The population density was 1,135.0 inhabitants per square mile (438.8/km²). There were 592 housing units at an average density of 358.3 per square mile (138.5/km²). The racial makeup of the city was 88.70% White, 0.44% Black or African American, 0.12% Native American, 2.71% Asian, 1.55% from other races, and 1.83% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 6.24% of the population.
There were 568 households out of which 50.4% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 81.7% were married couples living together, 5.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 10.9% were non-families. 7.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.2% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.30 and the average family size was 3.39.
In the city, the population was spread out with 33.0% under the age of 18, 4.2% from 18 to 24, 20.9% from 25 to 44, 31.9% from 45 to 64, and 10.1% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 40 years. For every 100 females there were 92.7 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.6 males.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Hidden Hills had a population of 1,856. The population density was 1,099.1 people per square mile (424.4/km²). The racial makeup of Hidden Hills was 1,713 (92.3%) White (87.4% Non-Hispanic White), 37 (2.0%) African American, 3 (0.2%) Native American, 42 (2.3%) Asian, 1 (0.1%) Pacific Islander, 30 (1.6%) from other races, and 30 (1.6%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 123 persons (6.6%).
The Census reported that 1,856 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized. There were 593 households, out of which 269 (45.4%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 453 (76.4%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 40 (6.7%) had a female householder with no husband present, 24 (4.0%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 9 (1.5%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 6 (1.0%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 61 households (10.3%) were made up of individuals and 39 (6.6%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 3.13. There were 517 families (87.2% of all households); the average family size was 3.30.
The population was spread out with 531 people (28.6%) under the age of 18, 125 people (6.7%) aged 18 to 24, 245 people (13.2%) aged 25 to 44, 660 people (35.6%) aged 45 to 64, and 295 people (15.9%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 45.8 years. For every 100 females there were 96.0 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 90.6 males. There were 626 housing units at an average density of 370.7 per square mile (143.1/km²), of which 552 (93.1%) were owner-occupied, and 41 (6.9%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 1.4%; the rental vacancy rate was 4.7%. 1,743 people (93.9% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 113 people (6.1%) lived in rental housing units.
2011 and 2012Edit
In the California State Legislature, Hidden Hills is located within the 27th Senate District, represented by Democrat Henry Stern, and in the 45th Assembly District, represented by Democrat Matt Dababneh.
The Los Angeles County Fire Department (LACoFD) handles fire service calls for Hidden Hills.
- Abel Tesfaye, The Weeknd
- Marc Anthony
- Frankie Avalon, musician
- Edgar Buchanan
- Eddie Cibrian
- Melissa Etheridge
- Drake, musician
- Taylor Hawkins, drummer for the Foo Fighters
- Caitlyn Jenner, Olympic athlete
- Kendall Jenner, model, socialite
- Kris Jenner, socialite
- Kylie Jenner, model, socialite
- Kim Kardashian, television personality
- Jamie Foxx, actor
- Marie McDonald, actress, singer
- Ozzy Osbourne
- Sharon Osbourne
- Denise Richards, actress and model
- Jeff Porcaro, musician
- LeAnn Rimes
- Josh Satin, major league baseball player
- Britney Spears, pop singer,
- Ronald Tutor
- Kanye West, rapper and producer
- Miley Cyrus, singer, songwriter, actress
- Sinbad, stand-up comedian, actor
- Tyson Chandler, professional basketball player
- Trevor Plouffe, major league baseball player.
- "Demographics". City of HIdden Hills. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "California Cities by Incorporation Date". California Association of Local Agency Formation Commissions. Archived from the original (Word) on November 3, 2014. Retrieved August 25, 2014.
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Jul 19, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Boundary Map and Geodata for the City of Hidden Hills in California, U.S.A.". MapTechnica.com. Retrieved 16 April 2016
- "Hidden Hills". hiddenhills.org.
- "Hidden Hills City History". Archived from the original on June 27, 2013.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved January 31, 2008.
- "2010 Census Interactive Population Search: CA – Hidden Hills city". U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved July 12, 2014.
- Data Access and Dissemination Systems (DADS). "American FactFinder – Results". census.gov.
- Bureau, U.S. Census. "American FactFinder - Community Facts". factfinder.census.gov.
- "Here's the most affluent town in every state". Yahoo Finance. September 12, 2014.
- Hidden Hills, Chevy Chase have richest populations, American City Business Journals, September 13, 2011
- "Statewide Database". Regents of the University of California. Retrieved March 12, 2015.
- "California's 30th Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC.
- "California Neighborhood Election Results". Los Angeles Times.
- "Malibu/Lost Hills Station Archived September 7, 2015, at the Wayback Machine.." Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Retrieved on January 21, 2010.
- "Calabasas city, California Archived June 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine.." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on January 21, 2010.
- Britney Spears Buys $18.9M Mansion in Hidden Hills, CA, NBC Bay Area
- Lisa Gutman, Luxury Homes by Keller Williams, Keller Williams Realty, hiddenhills.com
- "LOCAL ELECTIONS HIDDEN HILLS CITY COUNCIL : Planned Lower-Cost Seniors Housing Creates Furor". Los Angeles Times.
- "the homes of Edgar Buchanan | Charles Starrett - One Fan's Journey". stevesomething.wordpress.com. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- Chelsea White, 'New beginnings': LeAnn Rimes jets into LA to move into new Hidden Hills home (which she bought for $3m... almost half price), The Daily Mail, March 19, 2013
- Erika Riggs, Leann Rimes and Eddie Cibrian buy in Hidden Hills, NBC News, February 26, 2013
- LeAnn Rimes, Eddie Cibrian Buy Hidden Hills Mansion for $3 Million on Short Sale: Pictures, Us Weekly, 2013
- "Drake's House: Hip-Hop Star Buys Party Pad In Hidden Hills, Calif. (PHOTOS)". The Huffington Post.
- "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West finally move in to $20million mansion in Hidden Hills following renovations". January 6, 2015.
- "Pittsburgh Post-Gazette - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2016-01-02.
- Fred Schruers, Sharon and Ozzy Obsourne At Home, Architectural Digest, 2011
- Looks Like Jessica Simpson Did Buy Osbourne Home in Hidden Hills, Calif., AOL, February 12, 2013
- Julie Tamaki (September 4, 1992). "Drummer's Death Linked to Cocaine, Coroner Says : Autopsy: Report finds no evidence to support earlier belief that Toto's Jeff Porcaro died of an allergic reaction to a pesticide". Los Angeles Times.
- "New York Mets call up prospect Josh Satin". Jewish Baseball News. September 1, 2011. Retrieved September 3, 2011.
- Heawood, Sophie (2015-05-07). "Hidden Hills: the LA celebrity enclave with all the allure of Totnes". The Guardian. ISSN 0261-3077. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- Beale, Lauren (2010-02-01). "Sinbad lists his Hidden Hills home at $ 3 million". Los Angeles Times. ISSN 0458-3035. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- "NBA star Tyson Chandler's Hidden Hills home -- and man cave -- lists for sale". latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
- "Minnesota Twins infielder Trevor Plouffe finds a home in Hidden Hills". latimes.com. Retrieved 2016-03-10.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hidden Hills, California.|
- Official website
- L.A.Mountains Official Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Park website.
- Trails.org: Las Virgenes Open Space trails website.
- SMMC: Upper Las Virgenes Canyon Park: Geology webpage.