This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Hey Lover" is the Grammy Award winning first single released from LL Cool J's sixth album, Mr. Smith, featuring Boyz II Men. It was released on October 31, 1995 for Def Jam Recordings and was produced by The Trackmasters and LL Cool J. Johnny Kenaya was involved in the project. The title of the song was originally "Hey Brother". "Hey Lover" would prove to be the most successful single from the album, making it to number three on both the Billboard Hot 100 and Hot R&B Singles charts. It sold 900,000 copies domestically and was certified platinum by the RIAA. It also reached number 17 on the UK Singles Chart. The song sampled Michael Jackson's "The Lady in My Life" from his 1982 hit album Thriller; thus Rod Temperton, the writer of that song, was given credit as a writer of this song. On the B-side was the "I Shot Ya" remix.
|Single by LL Cool J featuring Boyz II Men|
|from the album Mr. Smith|
|B-side||"I Shot Ya"|
|Released||October 31, 1995|
|LL Cool J singles chronology|
|Boyz II Men singles chronology|
The video starred television and film actress Gillian Iliana White as LL Cool J's love interest in the music video.
- "Hey Lover" (Radio Edit)- 4:03 (Featuring Boyz II Men)
- "Hey Lover" (instrumental)- 4:03
|Billboard Hot 100||3|
|Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks||3|
|Billboard Hot Rap Singles||1|
|Billboard Hot Dance Music/Maxi-Singles Sales||3|
|Billboard Rhythmic Top 40||2|
|End of year chart (1996)||Position|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||20|
- "Best-Selling Records of 1995". Billboard. BPI Communications. 108 (3): 56. January 20, 1996. ISSN 0006-2510. Retrieved May 5, 2015.
- "American certifications – L.L. Cool J – Hey Lover". Recording Industry Association of America.
- "Billboard Top 100 - 1996". Archived from the original on 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2010-08-27. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|This 1990s single–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|