Hero Fiennes Tiffin
Hero Beauregard Faulkner Fiennes Tiffin (born 6 November 1997) is an English actor and model. He is known for his starring role as Hardin Scott in the After film series. He also portrayed 11-year-old Tom Riddle, the young version of the antagonist Lord Voldemort, in the film Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
Hero Fiennes Tiffin
Hero Beauregard Faulkner Fiennes Tiffin
6 November 1997
Hero Fiennes Tiffin was born in London on 6 November 1997, the son of film director Martha Fiennes and cinematographer George Tiffin. He has an older brother named Titan and a younger sister named Mercy. According to a 2020 interview, he does not hyphenate his name because his parents were never married. He was educated at Raey Primary School in Lambeth, Emanuel School in Battersea, and Graveney School in Tooting. He is a member of the Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes family; his great-grandfather was Sir Maurice Fiennes, while his uncles are actors Ralph and Joseph Fiennes. His maternal grandparents were photographer Mark Fiennes and novelist Jennifer Lash.
Fiennes Tiffin made his first film appearance as Spartak in the 2008 drama film Bigga Than Ben. He earned the part of Tom Riddle (the young Voldemort) in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince over thousands of young actors who auditioned for the role, though at least one publication alleged that his family connections alone landed him the part. Director David Yates said he was cast due to his ability to find "the darker space" in his line readings, and that he did not get the role due to his relation to Ralph Fiennes, his uncle who plays Voldemort, but admitted the family resemblance was a "clincher". Yates described Fiennes Tiffin as "very focused and disciplined" and said he "got the corners and dark moods and odd spirit of the character" as well as having a "wonderful haunted quality that seemed to bring Tom Riddle alive on-screen for us".
In 2018, Fiennes Tiffin was cast in the lead role of Hardin Scott in the film After, based on the New York Times best-selling book of the same name by Anna Todd. The film was released in April 2019, grossing $69m worldwide. He won the Choice Drama Movie Actor award at the 2019 Teen Choice Awards, and received the Rising Star award at the Ischia Film Festival. He returned for the sequel, After We Collided, which was released in September 2020. Also in 2020, he played Brooks in the thriller film The Silencing. In September 2020, it was announced that Fiennes Tiffin will reprise his role as Hardin Scott for the last two movies of the After series.
Fiennes Tiffin is signed with modelling agency Storm Management and has modeled for the likes of Dolce & Gabbana, Dior, H&M and Superdry. In November 2019, he was named the face of the new Salvatore Ferragamo S.p.A. fragrance, Ferragamo.
Fiennes Tiffin prefers to keep a low profile when not promoting his work. Having only one active social media account, he told W magazine in a 2019 interview, "I had all of those apps ages ago, and then I deleted them when I realised I was just wasting my time. But I kept Instagram because my agents advised me to, and I completely understand and agree that it's such a useful, powerful tool, even though you can kind of get lost in it. I just made it to keep up with my friends, but now that so many fans follow me, it's a slightly different audience."
|2008||Bigga Than Ben||Spartak||Credited as Hero Fiennes-Tiffin|
|2009||Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince||Tom Riddle (11 Years)|
|2012||Private Peaceful||Young Charlie||Credited as Hero Fiennes-Tiffin|
|2016||Possession With Intent To Supply||Jack|
|2017||ERDEM X H&M The Secret Life of Flowers||Adam||Credited as Hero Fiennes-Tiffin|
|2020||The Silencing||Brooks Gustafson|
|2020||After We Collided||Hardin Scott|
|2021||After We Fell||Hardin Scott||Filming|
|2022||After Ever Happy||Hardin Scott||Filming|
|2018||Safe||Ioan Fuller||5 episodes|
|2018||The Tunnel||Leo||1 episode|
|2019||Cleaning Up||Jake||5 episodes|
|2020||Day by Day||Sam||Voice role; episode: "Big Nights In"|
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2019||Teen Choice Awards||Choice Drama Movie Actor||After||Won|||
|2019||Ischia Film Festival||Rising Star||Himself||Won|||
- "Casting Is Complete on 'Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.'" Distributed by PR Newswire on behalf of Warner Bros. Pictures, 15 November 2002. Retrieved 19 August 2008.
- "Who Is Hero Fiennes Tiffin? Everything You Need To Know About The 'After' Star". ELLE. Retrieved 9 March 2019.
- "Google Questions for Hero Fiennes Tiffin". Fanpage.it. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- Mosley, Charles, ed. (2003). Burke's Peerage, Baronetage & Knighthood (107 ed.). Burke's Peerage & Gentry. p. 3534. ISBN 978-0-9711966-2-9.
- Alberge, Dalya (17 November 2007). "Lord Voldemort's nephew has the villainous blood for film role". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 19 August 2008.
- "Jennifer Lopez Elected 'Governess'". New York. 29 July 2008. Retrieved on 21 August 2008.
- Jensen, Jeff. "There Will Be 'Half-Blood.'". Entertainment Weekly, Iss. #1007/1008, 22/29 August 2008. pg. 39. Retrieved on 19 August 2008.
- Puig, Claudia. "'Potter' trailer unveils a young Voldemort." USA Today, Life section, 30 July 2008. Retrieved 19 August 2008.
- "Teen Choice Awards: Full List of Winners". Billboard. 11 August 2019. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "'After' Movie: Release Date, Cast, Plot, Trailers, And Everything You Need To Know". PopBuzz. Retrieved 3 September 2018.
- "'After' Star Hero Fiennes Tiffin Joins Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Annabelle Wallis In 'The Silencing'". Deadline. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "After Sequels 'After We Fell' & 'After Ever Happy' Going Into Production; Castille Landon To Direct".
- "Error | Storm Management". www.stormmanagement.com.
- "Salvatore Ferragamo names Hero Fiennes-Tiffin as the face of new men's fragrance". The Moodie Davitt Report. 28 November 2019.
- Eckardt, Stephanie (15 April 2019). ""After" Star Hero Fiennes Tiffin on Harry Styles and the Controversial Relationship in the Movie". W.