Henri Swinkels (born 25 October 1963) is a Dutch politician, he was a temporary member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands for the Socialist Party from 14 May 2014 until 29 May 2014 when he replaced Renske Leijten who was on pregnancy and maternity leave. Leijten had earlier been replaced by Tjitske Siderius. Siderius was, however, made permanent member of the House after Paulus Jansen resigned. He currently serves as a member of the Provincial-Executive of North Brabant.
|Member of the Provincial-Executive of North Brabant|
|Assumed office |
22 May 2015
|Member of the House of Representatives of the Netherlands|
14 May 2014 – 29 May 2014
|Born||25 October 1963|
|Political party||Socialist Party|
Swinkels worked as a trainer at trade union FNV between 1992 and 1999. He then started working as a trainings coordinator for the Nederlandse Politiebond, a Dutch trade union for police officers. He was in this position until January 2014 when he joined the Socialist Party group in the House of Representatives as a supporting employee concerned with social affairs and employment.
He was a municipal councillor in Vught for the Socialist Party between 16 March 2006 and 22 May 2015. He resigned from the council when he became a member of the provincial-executive of North Brabant with the portfolio of livability and culture.
- "Henri Swinkels tijdelijk en Tjitske Siderius vast SP-Tweede Kamerlid" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. 14 May 2014. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Corné Verschuren (15 May 2014). "Het worden twee fantastische weken: Henri Swinkels uit Vught zit voor 14 dagen in Tweede Kamer" (in Dutch). Omroep Brabant. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- "H.A.J.M. (Henri) Swinkels" (in Dutch). Parlement.com. Retrieved 15 May 2014.
- Arjo Kraak (8 May 2015). "VVD, SP, D66 en PvdA sluiten akkoord over nieuw provinciebestuur zonder CDA" (in Dutch). Omroep Brabant. Retrieved 4 December 2015.
- (in Dutch) House of Representatives biography