This article needs to be updated.March 2015)(
Hell Baby is a 2013 American horror-comedy film written and directed by Robert Ben Garant and Thomas Lennon. The film stars Rob Corddry, Leslie Bibb, Keegan-Michael Key, Riki Lindhome, Rob Huebel, and Paul Scheer. Writer-directors Garant and Lennon also co-star as a pair of priests.
|Music by||Michael Farrell|
|Edited by||Kevin Oeser|
|Distributed by||Millennium Entertainment|
An expectant couple move into a haunted fixer-upper in New Orleans. There, they encounter a neighbour named F'resnel who tells them about the bloody history of their house.
Vanessa and her husband, Jack, exhibiting a certain carelessness in their house hunting, buy a foreboding wreck of a place in New Orleans that the local residents have given demonic nicknames like "House of Blood". Vanessa is already extremely pregnant when they move in, and soon she is talking like Regan from The Exorcist. The Vatican sends ghost hunters, Father Padrigo and Father Sebastian.
- Rob Corddry as Jack
- Leslie Bibb as Vanessa
- Keegan-Michael Key as F'resnel
- Riki Lindhome as Marjorie
- Rob Huebel as Micky
- Paul Scheer as Ron
- Robert Ben Garant as Father Sebastian
- Thomas Lennon as Father Padrigo
- Michael Ian Black as Dr. Marshall
- Kumail Nanjiani as Cable Guy
- Alex Berg as Cheerful Guy
- Dave Holmes as Rental Car Guy
- David Pasquesi as Cardinal Vicente
The film received mixed to negative reviews, with score of 32% on review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes based on 34 critic reviews and 41% on Metacritic, as of May 2016. Rotten Tomatoes's consensus says," Though its brand of immature comedy may appeal to some, Hell Baby misses the mark with much of its humor, rendering it a largely ineffective -- and often crass -- genre sendup."
Badass Digest called the movie "silly, lowbrow, and funny." CraveOnline called it a "triumph of independence" and a "genuinely hilarious farce." TheDissolve said, "Hell Baby falls unmistakably on the "comedy" side of the horror-comedy divide. It isn't overly concerned with being scary, just with delivering a steady stream of laughs."
- "2013 Sundance Filmguide". Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Faraci, Devin (February 1, 2013). "Sundance Review: HELL BABY is Silly, Lowbrow and Funny". Badass Digest. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Bibbiani, William (January 22, 2013). "Sundance 2013 Review: Hell Baby". CraveOnline. Retrieved June 1, 2013.
- Rabin, Nathan (July 26, 2013). "Hell Baby". TheDissolve.com. Retrieved July 26, 2013.
- "Millennium Acquires Sundance Horror Comedy 'Hell Baby'". Deadline Hollywood. March 11, 2013. Retrieved June 1, 2013.