- Olympics: 2004, 2008, 2012
- World Championships: 2003, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2011
- European Championships: 2006, 2012
- World University Games: 2007, 2009
- Short Course Worlds: 2006
- Short Course Europeans: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
|Full name||Helge Folkert Meeuw|
|Born||29 August 1984|
Wiesbaden, Hesse, Germany
|Height||1.77 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||74 kg (163 lb)|
At the 2008 German Swimming Championships in Berlin, he swam in 53.10 sec a new European Record at 100m backstroke. He also holds 200 m (short course and long course) backstroke German national records in swimming.
- 100 m backstroke 52.27 NR
- 200 m backstroke 1:53.34 NR
- 200 m backstroke 1'51.51 NR
Both his parents, Folkert Meeuw and Jutta Weber, competed for West Germany in swimming, and both won medals at Olympic Games and World and European championships. His wife, Antje Buschschulte, also competed for Germany and won Olympic medals.
- Evans, Hilary; Gjerde, Arild; Heijmans, Jeroen; Mallon, Bill; et al. "Helge Meeuw". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Sports Reference LLC. Archived from the original on 2012-12-15.
- "Antje Buschschulte". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Archived from the original on 2015-09-07. Retrieved 2015-08-28.
- Official website (in German)
- Helge Meeuw at the International Olympic Committee
- Helge Meeuw at the Olympic Channel
- Helge Meeuw at the Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund (in German)
|This article about a swimming Olympic medalist for Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|