|Born||19 November 1947|
|Peak rating||2355 (July 1973)|
In 1966–1968 Heinz Schaufelberger represented Switzerland three times at the European Junior Chess Championship, achieving the best result in 1969 in Groningen, where he finished sixth. In 1969, in Praia da Rocha he participated in World Chess Championships Zonal tournament and ranked 9th place. In 1971, in Birseck he shared 3rd place with Andreas Dückstein behind Gedeon Barcza and Stefano Tatai. In 1971 and 1972 he twice in row won Swiss Chess Championship.
- In 1970, at second board in the 19th Chess Olympiad in Siegen (+7, =0, -4),
- In 1972, at fourth board in the 20th Chess Olympiad in Skopje (+5, =6, -4),
- In 1974, at third board in the 21st Chess Olympiad in Nice (+5, =6, -3).
- In 1973, at third board in the 5th European Team Chess Championship in Bath (+0, =4, -2).
Also Heinz Schaufelberger two times played for Switzerland in the Men's Chess Mitropa Cup (1976, 1982) and won silver (1976) medal in team competition. Heinz Schaufelberger three times played for Switzerland in the Clare Benedict Chess Cups (1970-1971, 1973).
- "Herren - SSB". www.swisschess.ch.
- "OlimpBase :: Men's Chess Olympiads :: Heinz Schaufelberger". www.olimpbase.org.
- "OlimpBase :: European Men's Team Chess Championship :: Heinz Schaufelberger". www.olimpbase.org.
- "OlimpBase :: Men's Chess Mitropa Cup :: Heinz Schaufelberger". www.olimpbase.org.
- "OlimpBase :: Clare Benedict Chess Cup :: Heinz Schaufelberger". www.olimpbase.org.
- Heinz Schaufelberger player profile and games at Chessgames.com
- Heinz Schaufelberger chess games at 365chess.com
|This Swiss biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|