Heinrich XIV, Prince Reuss Younger Line
Heinrich XIV, Prince Reuss Younger Line (German: Heinrich XIV Fürst Reuß jüngere Linie; 28 May 1832 – 29 March 1913) was Prince Reuss Younger Line from 1867 to 1913.
|Prince Reuss Younger Line|
|Born||28 May 1832|
Coburg, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha
|Died||29 March 1913 (aged 80)|
Schleiz, Reuss Younger Line
|Spouse||Duchess Agnes of Württemberg|
|Issue||Heinrich XXVII, Prince Reuss Younger Line|
Elisabeth, Princess Hermann of Solms-Braunfels
Baron Heinrich of Saalburg
|House||House of Reuss Younger Line|
|Father||Heinrich LXVII, Prince Reuss Younger Line|
|Mother||Princess Adelheid Reuss of Ebersdorf|
Heinrich XIV was born at Coburg, Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, sixth child of Heinrich LXVII, Prince Reuss Younger Line (1789–1867), (son of Heinrich LXII, Prince Reuss Younger Line, and Princess Caroline of Hohenlohe-Kirchberg) and his wife, Princess Adelheid Reuss of Ebersdorf (1800–1880), (daughter of Heinrich LI, Prince Reuss of Ebersdorf and Countess Luise of Hoym).
Prince Reuss Younger LineEdit
At the death of his father on 11 July 1867 he inherited the throne of the Principality.
He became regent of Reuss Elder Line from 1902, because of a physical and mental disability of Prince Heinrich XXIV due to an accident in his childhood, at his death, his son continued the regency Prince Heinrich XXVII until the abolition of the German monarchies in 1918.
In 1869 he founded the Reussian Prince Cross of Honour. (de:Reußisches Ehrenkreuz) and in 1897 he donated a Golden Medal of Distinguish Service (de:Goldenen Verdienstmedaille).
Heinrich XIV married on 6 February 1858 at Karlsruhe to Duchess Agnes of Württemberg (1835–1886), younger child of Duke Eugen of Württemberg by his second marriage with Princess Helene of Hohenlohe-Langenburg.
They had two children:
- Heinrich XXVII, Prince Reuss Younger Line (10 November 1858 – 21 November 1928), married in 1884 to Pricess Elise of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, had issue.
- Princess Elisabeth Reuss of Schleiz (27 October 1859 – 23 February 1951), married in 1887 to Prince Hermann of Solms-Braunfels, had issue.
They had one son:
- Baron Heinrich of Saalburg (4 November 1875 – 23 February 1954), married in 1924 to Margarethe Groenwoldt, no issue.
- Reuss: Founder of the Reussian Cross of Honour, 24 May 1869
- Austria-Hungary: Grand Cross of St. Stephen, 1884
- Kingdom of Bavaria: Knight of St. Hubert, 1867
- Belgium: Grand Cordon of the Order of Leopold
- Ernestine duchies: Grand Cross of the Saxe-Ernestine House Order, January 1850
- Lippe: Cross of Honour of the House Order of Lippe, 1st Class with Swords
- Mecklenburg: Grand Cross of the Wendish Crown, with Crown in Ore
- Kingdom of Prussia:
- Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach: Grand Cross of the White Falcon, 29 January 1859
- Kingdom of Saxony: Knight of the Rue Crown, 1859
- Kingdom of Serbia: Grand Cross of the Cross of Takovo
- Württemberg: Grand Cross of the Württemberg Crown, 1864
|Ancestors of Heinrich XIV, Prince Reuss Younger Line|
Notes and sourcesEdit
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser, Reference: 1956
- L'Allemagne dynastique, Huberty, Giraud, Magdelaine, Reference: 334
- Staatshandbuch für das Fürstenthum Reuß Jüngerer Linie (1893), "Fürstliche Ehrenzeichen" p. 14
- "A Szent István Rend tagjai" Archived 22 December 2010 at the Wayback Machine
- Hof- und Staats-Handbuch des Königreich Bayern (1908), "Königliche Orden" p. 7
- Staatshandbuch für das Fürstenthum Reuß Jüngerer Linie (1893), "Geneaologie" p. 1
- Staatshandbücher für das Herzogtums Sachsen-Altenburg (1869), "Herzogliche Sachsen-Ernestinischer Hausorden" p. 20
- Staatshandbuch für das Großherzogtum Sachsen / Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach (1869), "Großherzogliche Hausorden" p. 12
- Staatshandbuch für den Freistaat Sachsen: 1873. Heinrich. 1873. p. 4.
- Hof- und Staats-Handbuch des Königreich Württemberg (1896), "Königliche Orden" p. 27
Heinrich XIV, Prince Reuss Younger Line
Cadet branch of the House of ReussBorn: 28 May 1832 Died: 29 March 1913
| Prince Reuss Younger Line
1867 – 1913
|New title|| Regent of Reuss Elder Line|
1902 – 1913