Haseena Maan Jaayegi
Haseena Maan Jaayegi (Hindi: हसीना मान जायेगी) is a 1999 Indian Hindi-language comedy film directed by David Dhawan. It stars Sanjay Dutt, Govinda, Karisma Kapoor, Pooja Batra, Anupam Kher, Kader Khan, Aruna Irani, and Paresh Rawal. The film is inspired by the 1966 film Pyar Kiye Jaa and went on to become the fifth-highest-grossing Hindi film of 1999. It is often regarded as being amongst Govinda's greatest performances and he won many awards for his role as Monu. Pyar Kiye Ja itself is a remake of the 1964 Tamil classic film Kadhalikka Neramillai which had been remade as the Telugu film Preminchi Choodu (1965), the Hindi film Pyar Kiye Jaa (1966), and the Kannada film Preethi Madu Thamashe Nodu (1979).
|Haseena Maan Jaayegi|
|Directed by||David Dhawan|
|Produced by||Smita Thackeray|
|Written by||Rumi Jaffery (Dialogues)|
|Screenplay by||Imtiaz Patel,|
|Story by||Imtiaz Patel,|
Khairul Kabir Ahmed
|Narrated by||Bharat Shah|
|Music by||Anu Malik|
|Cinematography||K.S. Prakash Rao|
|Edited by||A. Muthu|
|Distributed by||Rahul Productions|
Amirchand (Kader Khan) is the ill-fated father of two mischievous sons—Sonu (Sanjay Dutt) and Monu (Govinda). Both of them are always up to one prank or another, most of them aimed at stealing money from Amirchand.
In the opening scene, they call up their father, acting like gangsters, and ask for a huge sum if he wants to live. The plan fails as Amirchand turns out to be the driver of the taxi in which they were escaping. Later, they fix up the marriage of their father with Shakuntala (Bindu) and take one lakh rupees as advance dowry from her brother Jamnadas (Asrani). This plan also fails as Amirchand refuses to entertain Jamnadas and his sister.
Amirchand warns their sons to become serious towards life if they want to live in his home. He asks Monu to join office and Sonu to go to Goa for claiming some money he had lent to someone. Whereas Monu plays another prank by calling up a girls' hostel and flirting with Ritu (Karisma Kapoor), Sonu mistakenly goes to one Gulzarilal Verma (Anupam Kher) for claiming the money, where he meets Pooja (Pooja Batra). Both Ritu and Pooja are Gulzarilal's daughters.
Sonu and Monu fall in love with Pooja and Ritu, respectively. Sonu calls up Monu to come to Goa, disguised as his Uncle for fixing up his and Pooja's marriage. This leads to a series of confusions as Gulzarilal's sister Santho (Aruna Irani) also falls in love with Monu (disguised as Uncle).
To get rid of the problem, Sonu and Monu throw a dummy of the Uncle from top of a cliff, only to land up getting arrested for killing the non-existent uncle. Amirchand comes to know of this and reaches Goa with his assistant Kunj Biharilal (Satish Kaushik). As they, along with Gulzarilal are on their way to police station, they are kidnapped by a Bhai (Ashish Vidyarthi). Sonu and Monu escape from the lockup with Bhootnath's (Paresh Rawal) help and rescue their father and to-be father-in-law, thus proving to be worthy sons.
- Sanjay Dutt – Sonu
- Govinda – Monu, Rai Bahadur aka Chachaji
- Karisma Kapoor – Ritu Verma
- Pooja Batra – Pooja Verma
- Kader Khan – Amirchand
- Paresh Rawal – Bhootnath
- Satish Kaushik – Kunj Bihari
- Aruna Irani – Santho/Santosh Verma
- Anupam Kher – Gulzarilal Verma
- Ashish Vidyarthi – Bhai (gangster)
- Aasif Sheikh – Pritam Nath
- Razak Khan – Bhai's henchman
- Mohan Joshi – Prem Nath
- Pushpa Verma – Premnath's wife
- Bindu – Shakuntala, Guest appearance
- Asrani – Jamnadas, Guest appearance
- Shakti Kapoor – Himself
- Anil Dhawan – Police Commissioner
- Mahavir Shah – Goa Police Inspector
|1.||"Cheenti Pahad Chadhe"||Shankar Mahadevan, Hema Sardesai, Ehsaan||6:34|
|2.||"Dulha Bhi Lajawab Hai"||Ram Shankar, Sonu Nigam, Kavita Krishnamurthy||7:15|
|3.||"Haseena Maan Jaayegi"||Shankar Mahadevan, Ehsaan||4:11|
|4.||"I Love You Bol Daal"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam, Sudesh Bhosle||6:40|
|5.||"Panga Na Le Mere Naal"||Sonu Nigam, Poornima||6:20|
|6.||"What Is Mobile Number"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam||6:10|
|7.||"Yoon Hua"||Alka Yagnik, Sonu Nigam||7:42|
- In the beginning of the film, Sonu and Monu are in a restaurant and don't have money to pay the bill. Monu picks the pocket of Shakti Kapoor for his wallet and then tries to keep it back but his hand gets stuck. This scene is taken from The Return of Mr. Bean, an episode from the Mr. Bean television series. This scene is repeated in the movie Dhamaal.
- The lead actress Karisma Kapoor's mother, Babita, and great uncle, Shashi Kapoor, also starred in a movie of the same name.
- It's a remake of Ashok Saraf, Mahesh Kothare, Laxmikant berde starrer Marathi blockbuster 'DHOOM DHADAKA'.