Green Square, Mingora
Green Square, also called Green Chowk is a traffic intersection and a landmark in Mingora, Swat District, Pakistan. It is one of the most important intersections in Mingora, and there are numerous shops and establishments located around this square.
During the Taliban occupation of the Swat District, it became notorious as the place where the corpses of people summarily executed by the group were displayed each morning. The square thus earned the name Khooni Chowk ("Bloody Square"). The Taliban had heralded their ascendency in the area by killing the famous Pakistani dancer Shabana in the square.
- Three killed, 12 injured in suicide attack in Pakistan
- Sarina Singh; Lindsay Brown; Paul Clammer; Rodney Cocks; John Mock (1 May 2008). Pakistan and the Karakoram Highway. Lonely Planet. pp. 212–. ISBN 978-1-74104-542-0. Retrieved 26 October 2012.
- Swat Taliban staring defeat in the face: Pak army
- Army holds key parts of Mingora as battle for Swat valley continues
- Taliban calls for boycott of Western aid as Swat Valley ravaged by floods
- Pak army captures 'Khooni Chowk' from Taliban
- Taliban underlines its growing power with killing of 'dancing girl' in Pakistan
|This Pakistan-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|