Global University Leaders Forum
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Global University Leaders Forum (GULF), a group of presidents from 29 world universities, was established in 2006. It acts as a community to address educational, scientific and research agendas. The current GULF Chair is Suzanne Fortier, Principal and Vice-Chancellor of McGill University. Membership is based on university ranking, individual leadership, geographical diversity, and the university's relevance to the forum's agenda.
A 2018 report by Times Higher Education and Elsevier found that the then-27 GULF members produced 7% of the world's research output, more than any individual country except the United States and China, and are responsible for 15.4% of all research cited in patents, more than any individual country except the United States.
- California Institute of Technology
- Carnegie Mellon University
- Columbia University
- Georgetown University
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- McGill University
- Princeton University
- Stanford University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Chicago
- University of Pennsylvania
- Yale University
- Bocconi University
- Cambridge University
- ETH Zürich
- Imperial College London
- Oxford University
- École polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- Keio University
- Nanyang Technological University
- National University of Singapore
- Peking University
- Tsinghua University
- University of Tokyo
- Zhejiang University
- "Global University Leaders Forum". World Economic Forum. Retrieved Jan 26, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Global University Leaders Forum 2020 Members List" (PDF). World Economic Forum. Retrieved Jan 26, 2020. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
-  Archived 2016-07-01 at the Wayback Machine. GULF Intro II.
- "27 universities out-produce big economies on research". University World News. Retrieved 2019-02-17.
- "Davos 2018: Small group of 27 varsities beats big nations in research output, says study". Hindustan Times. 2018-01-25. Retrieved 2019-02-17.
- Elsevier. "At Davos: How can research drive collaboration in a fractured world?". Elsevier Connect. Retrieved 2019-02-18.
- "Global University Leaders Forum (GULF) Members" (PDF). World Economic Forum. Retrieved 2019-02-17.