Glenn Parry is a professor in Digital Transformation at University of Surrey and was formally Professor of strategy and operations management at Bristol Business School, UWE. and senior visiting fellow with the University of Bath, UK. He authored and edited the textbook titled Service Design and Delivery published by Springer.
He received B.Sc and M.Phil degrees from University of Wales, Swansea in 1995 and 1997. In 2003, he obtained Certificate in Counselling and Psychotherapy from Coventry University, and Certificate in Teaching Higher Education and Diploma in Rogerian Counselling and Psychotherapy from University of Warwick in 2005. He completed his PhD from University of Cambridge in 2000.
Parry was a leader of the 9 million Euro European Integrated Logistics for Innovative Product Technologies project (ILIPT). The project's main purpose is research and production descriptions of how a build to order system may be implemented for European vehicle manufacture. The key findings were presented to the European Commission and industry and were detailed in a book "Build to Order" In the project German OEMs were also involved, the project has garnered international interest.
- The Threat to Core Competence Posed by Developing Closer Supply Chain Relationships, International Journal of Logistics: Research and its Applications. 2006
- Requirement for a Sea-change in Car Production in New Technologies for the Intelligent Design and Operation of Manufacturing Networks, (eds) Fraunhofer IRB Verlag. 2007
- Outsourcing engineering commodity procurement, Supply Chain Management. 2008
- Lean New Product Introduction: a UK in Lean Product Development - Concept & Models, (eds) Icfai www.books.iupindia.org. 2008
- The importance of knowledge management for ERP systems, International Journal of Logistics Research and Applications Volume 11 Issue 6. 2008
- Build To Order: The Road to the 5-day Car, Springer. 2008
- Lean Competence: integration of theories in operations management practice, Supply Chain Management Volume 15 Issue 3. 2010
- Strategic outsourcing of core competences in the automotive industry: threat or opportunity?, International Journal of Automotive Technology and Management 9 (1). 2009
- "Profile Details-Strategy and Operations Management". BBC-Staff.Uwe.Ac.UK. Archived from the original on 2012-08-25. Retrieved 2012-08-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Lean and Agile Research Group (LARG)". Bath.Ac.UK. Retrieved 2012-08-09. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "CORDIS | European Commission".
- https://web.archive.org/web/20090829095031/http://www.ilipt.org/public/. Archived from the original on August 29, 2009. Retrieved February 24, 2010. Missing or empty
|title=(help)CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Build to order[dead link]
- CLEPA: Technology Day/ ILIPT 2009. Clepa.eu (11 February 2009). Retrieved on 21 October 2011.
- Build To Order. Springer.com. Retrieved on 21 October 2011.
- (in German) Build-to-Order – Wikipedia. De.wikipedia.org. Retrieved on 21 October 2011.
- Vehicle-Engineer.com. Vehicle-Engineer.com (11 February 2009). Retrieved on 21 October 2011.
- Built to order – fast and eco-friendly vehicle manufacture | IOM3: The Global Network for Materials, Minerals & Mining Professionals. IOM3 (1 July 2008). Retrieved on 21 October 2011.
-  Archived October 29, 2010, at the Wayback Machine