Sir Gibuna Gibbs Salika, KBE (born August 11, 1955) is the current Chief Justice of Papua New Guinea. He is currently the longest serving judge of the National and Supreme Court of Papua New Guinea.
Honoured by Queen Elizabeth IIEdit
The Honourable Gibuna Gibbs Salika who is a Seventh-day Adventist was honoured as a Knight Commander of the Order of the British Empire in 2014 by Queen Elizabeth II on her birthday for his service as a Deputy Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Papua New Guinea.
With great public approval, Deputy Chief Justice Gibbs Salika found guilty Governor Havilo Kavo; Gulf Province member of Parliament for Komo-Magarima, Francis Potape; Former Minister for National Planning and Pomio MP, Paul Tiensten; Commissiioner of Police, Tom Kulunga & also Jimmy Maladina over the National Provident Fund scandal 17 years ago.
Appointed to the Office of Chief Justice of Papua New GuineaEdit
- "Sir Gibbs Salika Is New PNG Chief Justice". Postcourier. Retrieved 2019-09-10.
- "Adventists honoured on Queen's Birthday". Adventist Record. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- "Mr Popular: Deputy Chief Justice Sir Gibbs Salika". PNG Echo. Retrieved 2018-10-04.
- "Sir Gibbs Salika appointed as Chief Justice". Loop. Retrieved 2018-11-26.
- "Adventist named Chief Justice of Papua New Guinea". Adventist News Network. Retrieved 2018-11-26.
|This Seventh-day Adventist-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This law-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|